Fordmods Logo

wot do u reckon i should do...dual or single 

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: wot do u reckon i should do...dual or single
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:09 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

NSW, Australia

hey guys, just went to the exhaust shop where im looking at getting my system from, i got quoted $880 for the entire setup, which consists of advanced headers (as they fit the car better than pacies 4480's) and 2.5" mandrel bent system without a cat, as he said i wont need one, i beleive this guy knows what he is talking about, cuz he has 2 ba xr6's, one ute, one sedan, and his sounds awesome..anywayz i told him how i wanted a dual tip and he said i should get a rear XR LOWER bumper so he can fit it...wot do u guys reckon? do i need to get the bumper or should i just get it cut, my mate at ford quoted me $210 for the bumper, not sprayed (just primer), and it will prob be just as much to get it sprayed...and i really couldnt be funked with all the hassle, so should i just get the single, or go to the hassle with the dual? OR do u reckon it would be nice and cheap if i just got sum1 to cut the bumper?....NO QUADS FUZION...hahahahah too loud, i want performance...

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

isn't having no cat illegal?

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:21 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

ahah sorry, im keeping the original..wot i meant was, no 'new' cat...my bad!

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:47 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

i just wrang the exhaust shop back and apparently the lower rear bumpers on the XT's are designed so they cant be cut, like they are a lot softer plastic, so even if i want a single they said i need to get a rear bumper...wtf!!?? how did all u other BA XT's get your exhausts done?

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

the 4480s are much better than advanced

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:04 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

ring up a few panel shops and ask how much it would be to cut a hole out for an exhaust tip

$100 tops i reckon

and single tip is my preferance

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA GT

WA, Australia

the bumper thing seems suss/weird!

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:23 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

yeh it is 'ey! i was heaps p****d off, decent price for the system, but u know wot? i think he is just too damn lazy to cut it, or too scared that he may bodge it up, anywayz, i'll have a look around a later date and see wot other exhausts shops say, its BS i reckon, i havent heard of it before....

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

NABAXT wrote:
i just wrang the exhaust shop back and apparently the lower rear bumpers on the XT's are designed so they cant be cut, like they are a lot softer plastic, so even if i want a single they said i need to get a rear bumper...wtf!!?? how did all u other BA XT's get your exhausts done?

I didn't get a wanky tip on mine, just let the exhaust terminate a few inches before the bumper. They can cut out a spot for the a new tip if you like though. You don't need to buy a new bumper or anything like that.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Post subject: dual
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: au futura

WA, Australia

dont get ur bumper cut it will look very average. your better off saving your $$$$ and doing it properly not half assed otherwise ur car mite sound good but its gonna look s**t.

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB

VIC, Australia

i used to repair bumpers before and the bottom half of the ba bumper can be removed and replaced with an xr one very easy to change they just clip on and a few screws somewhere i cant remember.thats the rear one to.

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

NABAXT wrote:
yeh it is 'ey! i was heaps p****d off, decent price for the system, but u know wot? i think he is just too damn lazy to cut it, or too scared that he may bodge it up, anywayz, i'll have a look around a later date and see wot other exhausts shops say, its BS i reckon, i havent heard of it before....

What area are you from ... I found Carline to be very good (Mt Druitt of all places as well) ... they will let you know what can and can't be done to these.

They do a s**t load of Falcons as well ... id my last one and my current one ... great work as well ... not a bad price too.

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:02 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

christopher wrote:
i used to repair bumpers before and the bottom half of the ba bumper can be removed and replaced with an xr one very easy to change they just clip on and a few screws somewhere i cant remember.thats the rear one to.

yeh, thats wot the dude told me, so $210 for a new bumper, just as much to get it sprayed as they come in primer from ford, and just clip it on and off myself....i wouldnt bother with the efffort i dont think, i'll just get it either dumped at the end, or a single....i'll see what other shops have to say...

oh and mechan1k im from the sutherland area, my brother lives near mount druit, but i dunno, i will just ask round i guess..

P.S. I just spent an hour putting in my SS Induction, looks nice and flush, whistles a bit, sounds good, sounds HEAPS more 'airy', too soon to tell any differences yet but....

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:25 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB

VIC, Australia

check the wreckers or bumper bar reco places they have plenty they did when i worked there

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:26 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XTS, BF Xr6 Turbo Ute

QLD, Australia

s**t . . . . .I had my BA bumper cut at the exhaust shop. It looks great. He did it roughly and I took it home after the exhaust was on took it to our warehouse pulled out the file and cleaned it all up. My exhaust sits flush and the bumper looks clean and no dodgy job. They are just lazy.

Ford Fan: Since 1987 - Born a Blue Oval Supporter!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next