XF EFI starting problem Flooding i think 

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: XF EFI starting problem Flooding i think
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF V8 Futura, 180sx

QLD, Australia

Hey guys
i got the mechanic around the day and we spend 8 hour over 2 day working on my XF
the first problem was the fuel was stale and empty tank dry and put 20L of fresh fuel in there.
then fluched fuel lines and that and messed around fixing things one by one intill we got to the injectors
see what we worked it out to be was something around the fuel instake like it flooding the motor but when u take the fuel pump power off after few seconds of turning over the car it starts and run for about3 - 5 seconds on it own but the secon we put the fuel pump power back on she just floods and stalls with in sec or two
we have tryed 2 different sets of injectors and and some wasen't getting enought fuel and others were flooding the mechanic said so i got some injectors from the wreckers out of the running car and put them in and i got the same problem still flooding they got the yellow tip like the original injecotrs i got with the motor.

Any one know WTF happening to my car?
ive tryed a spare computer
tryed another dizzy
the timming right too
all the efi and vacume is pluged up correct by the gregorys xf book

all i get when everything is pluged is the car cranking fast and thats it get mate to pull power off fuel pump in boot and after moment it starts and runs then die cause out of fuel/pressure one or other and if you try pluging fuel pump while motor run during that time it just drops dead

who knows this problem?

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 Au wagon

NSW, Australia

buggered fuel pump,,replace it and see what happens and blocked filter to,,

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

filter brand new and was doing it on old filter

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 Au wagon

NSW, Australia

how about the pump,,i think xf's have two pumps,,a low preasure and a high preasure i think,,check them out..

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ok well the car was running when i broght it home and did a top end then it won't start now i was thinking something like that flow back pressure thing on the back top of the fuel rail

the fuel pump is the original one from the car when i drive it home

Ford EF Futura Black

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

maybe the pressure regulator on the fuel rail has stuff up, with the pressure from the pump and the reg not letting the fuel back to the tank the pressure will force the injectors open flooding the motor. i say change the pressure regulator :wink:

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yer the mechanic put a different one on from spare motor and been tring it witht hat one for the past while i think it the one i got on there now crap so im going to put the original one back on and put new fuel relay and EFI relay on and see how she goes

Ford EF Futura Black

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:44 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

im gonna go with fuel pressure regulator or a vaccum house to it. Seems like you replaced everything else lol.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Quote:
im gonna go with fuel pressure regulator or a vaccum house to it. Seems like you replaced everything else lol.

Cheers

Yer ive basily replaced everything

Thats what i thought too the fuel pressure regulator or vacume lines to it but ive checked the vacume lines and there same as the gregorys book that what i don't get lol

Ford EF Futura Black

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:52 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

do you know it works? is that replaced?

I was gonna say computer before, cos when they burn the FET drivers, the injectors thend to stay open, but you say you replaced that aswell...

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EBII XR6 /ED XR6 /EF XR6

Power: 154 rwkw

QLD, Australia

you say all the vacume lines are fitted correctly but have you checked them for leaks

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

we turned the car on without the manifoil and thre injectors were not droping so they sealed fine just when the pulse they flood it looks like
tomorrow im going to get up early and get out side and try new regulator and relays and see if she runs

Ford EF Futura Black

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

nar i haven't checked for leaks ill get a bottle of soapy water and spray on tomorrow when i try the other stuff

Ford EF Futura Black

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:07 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

they can't just open and flood though... its not possible, because if they open, they close. The ECU grounds the injectors after it figures out the right time, and the amount. You would have two banks of injectors 153 and 624. Check the wiring for them, make sure none of them are grounded with the car off, and on the other side they need a constant 12V when on ignition.

Im just thinking, even if the fuel pressure regulator is screwed (whatever it maybe) worst case scenario its not letting ANYTHING through, which builds up alot of pressure yes, but you would see inflated fuel lines, dead fuel pump, and possible even leaking somewhere... Injectors would still open and close, theyd inject more fuel, but not enough to completely flood it I don't think.

Also with the fuel pump disconnected it starts and runs, and dies (obviously).. but connect the fuel pump and it dies...

Are you SURE it floods?

You know the ECU has a flood clear mode, where if you keep your foot flat while starting, it should only open injectors (from memory) 20% or so. Called Flood Clear Mode. Try that?

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ok ill try that the reason i say it flooding is when we pulled the spark plugs out you and see raw fuel spraying out like nos valves on them rice burners and everyone ive asked there first words were Parton, WTF, OMG and AHA she flooded.

Yer the wiring loom is fine the mechanic checked it with the test lamp and they pulsed correctly and everything

the fuel pump might not be able to generate enought pressure to expand fuel line any how but the fuel regulator dose flow back quite a lot of fuel but oversly not enought

Ford EF Futura Black

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next