XG Ute light fuse 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: XG Ute light fuse
Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford XG Ute

WA, Australia

Hey guys,

Brand new member here but I sure hope to contribute more than silly questions in the not too distant future. So thank you very much for your time and patience.

My brother and I are doing up a 93 XG Ute which will become my car eventually. We are right at the beginning and already running into a (minor) problem that we are scratching our heads over (Probably something small we have missed).

Basically the headlights and highbeams are not working. The park lights currently do. We have looked in the fuse box right under the dashboard (Near pedals) and cannot seem to locate the correct fuse (None seem damaged) and have replaced the globes and still no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas? Or even just point us in the direction of the correct fuse for the lights incase we are missing it.

EDIT : Well Highbeams are actually working and when you put them on all of the front lights are on and working. But when we just switch on the normal headlights, they won't turn on. What does that sound like? A problem with the relays?

Thank you again for your patience and help!

Post subject: Re: XG Ute light fuse
Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Macro wrote:
Hey guys,

Brand new member here but I sure hope to contribute more than silly questions in the not too distant future. So thank you very much for your time and patience.

My brother and I are doing up a 93 XG Ute which will become my car eventually. We are right at the beginning and already running into a (minor) problem that we are scratching our heads over (Probably something small we have missed).

Basically the headlights and highbeams are not working. The park lights currently do. We have looked in the fuse box right under the dashboard (Near pedals) and cannot seem to locate the correct fuse (None seem damaged) and have replaced the globes and still no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas? Or even just point us in the direction of the correct fuse for the lights incase we are missing it.

EDIT : Well Highbeams are actually working and when you put them on all of the front lights are on and working. But when we just switch on the normal headlights, they won't turn on. What does that sound like? A problem with the relays?

Thank you again for your patience and help!

I would suggest the problem is likely to be with the light switch itself, it's only held in by 1 screw and it's easy to change. You can use the one from an XF also, doesnt need to be from an XG, beyond that I'd be swapping some relays around, the headlight ones are located on the drivers side inner gaurd along side the battery, so that's where I'd be starting.

Gab

Post subject: Re: XG Ute light fuse
Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford XG Ute

WA, Australia

Thanks for the reply mate, changed out the Relay and voilah, started working (Just as you said).

Thanks again! Probably see another couple posts from me by the time this project is finished, Haha.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]