Fordmods Logo

XG Ute Starting Woes. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: XG Ute Starting Woes.
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XG Falcon

QLD, Australia

G`day, first post, and hope to have many more here.Have learned a lot about Falcons just reading previous posts.
I have an XG ute 5-speed, has been fiddled around with by a number of people. It`s original ECU, BCM and Smartlock modules have been replaced by a set from a known running XG ute, but it still won`t run properly.A friend had it running at his place, so I decided to bring it home and work on it.
I got it running for about 10 secs. and then it suddenly died, perhaps it has other wiring probs other than in the Smartlock circuit. It has an interesting fault that causes the footwell lights to remain on at all times, or is this a feature of these utes?
Could someone please inform me of the start-up sequence from replacing the battery, correct ignition switch position and time left in that position etc....I know I`m missing something here. Would one of the Ellery`s have a flow-chart or similar in it, I don`t have a shop manual for it which is frustrating.Got them for just about every other Falcon preceding this XG.
Thanks, any input will be much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: XG Ute Starting Woes.
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XG Falcon Panelvan

VIC, Australia

hey mate, yeh i have a xg panelvan and everything is fine apart from it ticks over but wont fire, an the aircon and fans wont work, all fuses are fine an stuff but yeh dono im stuck too, seems like your stuck worce than me tho

Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon

ACT, Australia

Hmmm.... have you checked the obvious. Blocked Fuel filter, blocked cat?

Fords Rule. OK.

Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:03 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 98 XH2 Ute

VIC, Australia

can't really think of anything to help, got my stuffed. I've got an XH ute and the foot well lights arent always on but i did have a problem with my door being really poorly fixed once the hinges can off and the door wasn't hitting the button that turns off the interior lights..

98 XH 5 Speed
BA 17"s, BA Short Shifter, 2.5" Mandrel Bent Redback, More To Come!
98 XH 5 Speed - http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/a-bone-s-98-xh-5-speed-t98900.html

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

Dodgy earth to the BEM,

I had issues similar ... and eventually rocked up to a cruise .. and the ute didn't start again.
Got it towed to my mechanic ... and found that there was a dodgy earth connection to the BEM ... causing Smartlock to stay engaged ... hence no start.

Got an aftermarket headunit in it????
This may be a reason why.

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:22 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hello, sorry about the delay in replying or updating. I`ve gotten the bugger running now, ignition switch was faulty. Replaced that and reset smartlock, starts first time evertime now....but, there is still some electrical probs. The intermittent wiper action isn`t working, and also the hazards and indicators. Wipers work on just the 2 speed settings.
There is no power down to the fuse panel for the turn sigs, they did work briefly after changing the ign, switch, were flashing very rapidly like there was no earth on them..???? Another strange thing is when the fuse for the A/C heater blower is pulled , still has power, also power on line and load side of fuse holder . I`ve got a couple of spare modules that I may have to swap over....seems to be the one near the right side of gearbox that may be the trouble.
Anyway, thanks to those that have offered advice along the way....every little bit helps

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]