Fordmods Logo

xg xr6 stress wont start 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: xg xr6 stress wont start
Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

hi guys,new here and i have done so much reading reading last few days,i bought a xg xr6 5 speed etc,was told from the guy nrma said it needed a new dissy,i got the ute cheap so ok,anyway i have fitted new dissy,plugs.lead.etc set timing b4 i pulled the old one out i removered the manifold to do this,nice job.
anyway it wont start winds over somtimes it starts but very rough then stops,i thought i was a tooth out etc,but now reading not sure about the bridging the port to get it to go,is there a diagram i can read,or anyone on the nsw central coast with an idea or shop i can tow it to,is very stress full,i do have fuel pump working all the relays come on etc,it wants to start but something says no,i really are not up to modern injection etc,old school here,,
anyhelp would be great...
cheers craig
gongetbuffed@optusnet.com.au

Post subject: Re: xg xr6 stress wont start
Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:28 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: xg van and ute

WA, Australia

wrecker67 wrote:
hi guys,new here and i have done so much reading reading last few days,i bought a xg xr6 5 speed etc,was told from the guy nrma said it needed a new dissy,i got the ute cheap so ok,anyway i have fitted new dissy,plugs.lead.etc set timing b4 i pulled the old one out i removered the manifold to do this,nice job.
anyway it wont start winds over somtimes it starts but very rough then stops,i thought i was a tooth out etc,but now reading not sure about the bridging the port to get it to go,is there a diagram i can read,or anyone on the nsw central coast with an idea or shop i can tow it to,is very stress full,i do have fuel pump working all the relays come on etc,it wants to start but something says no,i really are not up to modern injection etc,old school here,,
anyhelp would be great...
cheers craig
gongetbuffed@optusnet.com.au

either your timings a touch out or petrol hasn't quite got up to the injectors yet
keep cranking it over for a bit and giving it a bit of revs and see how that goes for now

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]