Fordmods Logo

xh falcon died 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: xh falcon died
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xh falcon longreach

QLD, Australia

I have just bought a 1998 xh falcon one tonne ute drove wonderfully on test drive with private seller.
I then drove it home about 100km/s all ok used it to shops nxt morning then drove to work 24 km/then about 400m from work it held back and misfired then cleared then repeated as i reversed into a parking space it has had a new coil and dizzy cap n leads and a service . anyway drove home and it started to miss again then clear then power dropped off it died and wont restart.(i am a mechanic by trade not that it helps when you dont know a vehicle)
I have got spark although i think its a little weak i have fuel at return off inj rail.
i have spoken to my local ford dealer who suggested a poss blockage in the rail or dizzy fault .
i removed all s/plugs 5 n 6 smelt fuely but the rest were bone dry so ive gone to the wreckers for a rail n injectors and fitted them no change have noted on release of ign key eng coughs as though ign timing out.
checked ign timing (no strobe to hand )appered out but dizzy secure ?????
loosened bolt moved dizzy a fraction it started switched off on return the same again no start.
read in forums about dizzy drive gear breaking removed inlet m/fold and dizzy inspect gear no obvious fault on either does any one have any ideas please..
nb it only has 160000kms on it.

Post subject: Re: xh falcon died
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: falcon ef2

New Zealand

If you haven't already make sure you check the CRT LP 10 amp fuse, I had a no start problem that ended up being just the fuse although I had no fuel to the rail as well.

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:28 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Thanks i will check that out I have checked all the fuses between the fender and the coolant tank
with a m/meter and there all ok .
More bothered now my wifes bending my ear that weve just bought it and gota spend on it but thats cars for you.(and wives)lol

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

tfi @#$% its self replaced spent many hours playing with distributor and also found king lead tracking out on a hose running allong side it all good now though.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]