Fordmods Logo

xr6 bf cat back exhaust? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: xr6 bf cat back exhaust?
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2005 ford falcon bf xr6

NSW, Australia

ive got a stock bf xr6 falcon, and i was looking into buying an exhaust. Ive heard that for $600 you can get a cat back exhaust upgrade, will this make my car much louder. And what sort of mods do they actually do the exhaust for it to become louder?

Has anyone got this or have any info?

say if i was to go into liverpool exhausts , what am i asking for ? to not sound retarded

--my falcon is better than my old pulsar lol--

Post subject: Re: xr6 bf cat back exhaust?
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:20 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: '07 BF XR6 MKII

VIC, Australia

Go in and tell them to put a 2.5" Redback or AusPac (exactly the same) catback with 2 mufflers. I've got a 2.5" AusPac catback with 2 straight through mufflers and the car sounds very, very tough when I get over 3000rpm. I do have a pod filter though (not sure how much it contributes to the sound).

$600 is a rip off. I got mine supplied and installed with both chrome tips also for $450. But that's in Melbourne so I don't know...

If you want you can ask for 1 muffler, but I think that becomes too loud and it starts sounding like those thrashed P-Plater Holdens (doesn't have a really nice note).

It makes it louder because for starters the pipe itself is bigger and mandrel bent, from a 2.25" to a 2.5", and the mufflers themselves are much smaller and are straight through meaning less restriction and back pressure. Also, you won't feel a power increase, you might think it's more responsive but it's most likely just your mind lol.

Jova.

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:19 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2005 ford falcon bf xr6

NSW, Australia

Yeah I bought a wide mouth growlers kit off eBay. But it turned out to be the fittin for the xr8". So I could only install the k&n air filter and an additional air intake tar sits under the the front left foglight. An when I rev harder the car "vroooms" so hopefully the exhaust will add nicely.
Cheers for that, and I know exactly what you mean about dumb commodores .All The Time In Penrith lol

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XR6 Turbo

VIC, Australia

Gday mate, I have done a few BF XR6 exhausts including my own when I had an atmo XR6 now a days I only do XR6 Turbos. A good upgrade is to get on ebay or local forum and get a BA or BF XR6 Turbo exhaust system. Then have it fitted which will probably cost about $100 to modify the dump pipe. To get the sound just have the centre mufflers removed that should cost you about $100 as well. You will then have an exhaust that will flow and sound great. Just to give you an example a stock XR6 Turbo exhaust with a highflow car will flow over 350rwkw!(450+hp)..

Good luck!

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:54 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford BA Ute

QLD, Australia

Just remember the BF's have a second O2 sensor after the cat.
so if you get a high flow cat the pcm/ecu will need to be edited
otherwise they will flick into limp home mode and other fun stuff

Red cars go faster Black cars look cooler
Red over black EA with a DJR kit and "little power tweaks"
Soon my precious

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:36 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford XR6 BF MKII 2007

VIC, Australia

Quote:
Go in and tell them to put a 2.5" Redback or AusPac (exactly the same) catback with 2 mufflers. I've got a 2.5" AusPac catback with 2 straight through mufflers and the car sounds very, very tough when I get over 3000rpm. I do have a pod filter though (not sure how much it contributes to the sound).

$600 is a rip off. I got mine supplied and installed with both chrome tips also for $450. But that's in Melbourne so I don't know...

Hey JOVA, where abouts in Melbourne is this place? Do you have a Youtube Video on how it sounds?
and how much for a pod filter?

Sorry if i'm asking too many questions but i would like to do the same for my xr6 bf mk2, and i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to modifications :D

Thanks

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: '07 BF XR6 MKII

VIC, Australia

Hahah. That's no problem mate. The place for the exhaust is on Settlement Road in Thomastown. I bought my CAI from a friend for $100. I was at Autobarn the other day and the same CAI cost around $350 I think. (My pod filter is also boxed off though.)

Shoot me a PM and if your from around my area I can meet up with you and you can look and hear for yourself if you like it. Also, I can get that CAI cheaper if you want it cause I know a couple of the guys working at Autotecnica.

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:42 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford BF F6 Tornado

QLD, Australia

look at my new cutback it has an auspac (same as redback) 2.5" system and its only running a centre straight through muffler.

http://youtu.be/gXiDSYshMuM

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:04 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford XR6 BF MKII 2007

VIC, Australia

Sounds nice, how much did it cost? If you don't mind me asking :)

Post subject: xr6 bf cat back exhaust?
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:15 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford BF F6 Tornado

QLD, Australia

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]