Fordmods Logo

XR6 engine coversion into an XC 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: XR6 engine coversion into an XC
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

Hello, I am new to this so go easy on me, I would win the prize for knowing least about mods than anyone on this forum.

Wanting to get more power out of my XC, and after weighing up some options (Cost, power, petrol use, cost, reliability and finally... cost) it looks like the best option would be an XR6 engine over a V8 conversion. I am lucky enough to have a mate who is a bit of a guru with regard to the ECU etc - but to save him (and therefore me) time - has anyone out there done this?

Is it true I can use XG engine mounts? (mine is a 250 crossflow currently). My XC isn't power steering or air con'd so the engine bay is huge and I don't anticipate problems there - but maybe the sump will need to be modified for the cross member? Any advice would be great, Cheers.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

NSW, Australia

Hello Brooke and welcome,
You would have more chance of getting someone who's done it if you post in the x-series workshop forum, I reckon. You get there by selecting forums on the welcome page and scroll down.
Having said that I think it's a great idea and should be achievable. Any 4.00 Ford I6 mpfi to the AU will operate of, say, an EL ECU with many options about firing and fueling it. They'll suit your criteria for sure.
My suggestion is to find the easiest way to fit it through the X series boys and come here for advice on how to best make it run to suit your needs. The lads here have them all, from mild to wild. Why not find a donor car and fit the air/power steering etc while you have the looms etc. A bit of modding involved, but then the site's called Fordmods, not Ford plug n play isn't it?

:lol:
You can always upgrade your engine and gearbox later, if you can't find an XR6 straight away.
Best of luck,
Paul

What goes around, comes around.

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:12 am 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

Thanks Paul! Thats awesome - I will go there now. Go well mate.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]