Fordmods Logo

Xr6 Help!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Xr6 Help!!
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford xr6

QLD, Australia

Hello all, wondered upon the forums today and figured why shouldn't I sign up. I'm not going to lie I only have basic knowledge on cars and have no idea what so ever, I currently have a 2006 Xr6 BA MK
It's a first car and a beut. Anyway to the point I'm looking at getting a new exhaust installed and I have no clue where to even start looking, I want a nice noise but nothing over the top or that rattles. I'm not sure if I should get over things installed while I have the money or just get the exhaust? On a budget between 1-3k any tips would really be appreciated, by the way all of this has to be P plate legal, thanks! :D

Post subject: Re: Xr6 Help!!
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:29 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU II Fairlane

QLD, Australia

hey mate, there a heap of threads on here about what mods to perform on your car, do a google search and add fordmods to the end.
For now the go is headers pacemaker are a popular option 200 cpi cat 2.5 inch exhaust, get a f6 typhoon airbox to replace yours 20% underdrive pullies fitted and a tune. that will blast most N/A sixes out of the water. might as well get it serviced. as for exhaust i prefer redback cheap sound decent. but you can go all out and get an x-force one for about 1.5k all up just have a look around you local exhaust shops get some quotes.

Cheers

AU II Fairlane Ghia 180 hp@ the wheels, Pacemaker 4499, RedBack 2.5", stock CAT, CAI, Lovells low's. More to come

Post subject: Re: Xr6 Help!!
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:55 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EA Falcon

ACT, Australia

JoshieP96 wrote:
Hello all, wondered upon the forums today and figured why shouldn't I sign up. I'm not going to lie I only have basic knowledge on cars and have no idea what so ever, I currently have a 2006 Xr6 BA MK
It's a first car and a beut. Anyway to the point I'm looking at getting a new exhaust installed and I have no clue where to even start looking, I want a nice noise but nothing over the top or that rattles. I'm not sure if I should get over things installed while I have the money or just get the exhaust? On a budget between 1-3k any tips would really be appreciated, by the way all of this has to be P plate legal, thanks! :D

Might get an exhaust and flash tune for that kind of money. :(

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]