Fordmods Logo

XR6 or XR6T 

 

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 11791

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

Location: SE Melb
VIC, Australia

XR6T
i just got one - goes ok for another falcon

 

_________________

Nicko

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 434

Joined: 19th May 2006

Ride: ba xr6 turbo

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

but the one thing the gen 3 s**t all over the xr6t for.. the is exhaust note.. v8 sound you cant beat.. either it being a holden or a ford
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 3893

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

knock knock

whose there?

my LS1

;)

 

_________________

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:58 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 4401

Joined: 25th Mar 2005

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Gaz wrote:
knock knock

whose there?

my LS1

;)


bahahaha.. slap slap!

 

_________________

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:45 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 874

Joined: 24th Sep 2005

Ride: EL Monty

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Bahaha
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:47 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 2976

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BF Typhoon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Gaz wrote:
knock knock

whose there?

my LS1

;)

pml, will rem that one..


Its quite an easy decision to go xr6/t.. do u want the handling/interior/looks/features AND decent performance from a 6cyl?

I really like 8's, for their sound and their wide power band, but the xr6t is the best sounding 6cyl ive ever heard..
That being said, I love my 8 and its sound, mmmmmm, but when it comes time needing a car which is quiet and mostly stock and sick of being labled a hoon coz ive got an 8cyl, id get the turbo. Now with the turbo badge id prolly get labled a hoon coz of the turbo, might have to take it off to get left alone. LOL

 

_________________

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3025

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

Location: Caroline Springs
VIC, Australia

I'm sorry, who said the 3 valver 8?????????

The 3 valve 8 might be a good thing in a mont or an XT but not for someone who is in the market for an XR...

XR6 or XR6T.

If you can easily afford it (cost, insurance, tyres :wink: ), go the T.

If you're struggling, go the N/A. There really isn't the MASSIVE performance chasm between the two you might imagine...

And if you want to know about the potential of the N/A DOHC 4.0, just ask FNP who has something like 180rwk from an edit and a zorst...
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Posts: 22

Joined: 28th Nov 2004

Ride: XR6 Turbo

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Don't even bother with the n/a XR6, go the XR6T, lots and lots and lots of potential in them, very cheap to unearth heaps of power, definately one of the best performance buys around at the moment!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

if its sporty looks you want and not worried bout performance too much go ba' na.. if you want looks /performance and tonnes of potential go the xr6 turbo.. how old are you?? insurance might be a killer on the turbo if your'e a youngin... :wink:

"EB V8" havent you found any holden forums yet?? :lol: :wink:

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 1538

Joined: 4th May 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

brendan thomas wrote:
but the one thing the gen 3 s**t all over the xr6t for.. the is exhaust note.. v8 sound you cant beat.. either it being a holden or a ford



obviously any v8 is going to have a better exaust note then the 6, but what good is the sound going to do,
also the xr6t has better turbo sound(vvuuuuuututututututu). but like i said before what good is that

 

_________________

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 130

Joined: 21st Nov 2005

Ride: fairmont ghia

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

xr6T all the way if you can afford it, 'bang for your buck'
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 4401

Joined: 25th Mar 2005

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

downingj wrote:
I'm sorry, who said the 3 valver 8?????????

The 3 valve 8 might be a good thing in a mont or an XT but not for someone who is in the market for an XR...

XR6 or XR6T.

If you can easily afford it (cost, insurance, tyres :wink: ), go the T.

If you're struggling, go the N/A. There really isn't the MASSIVE performance chasm between the two you might imagine...

And if you want to know about the potential of the N/A DOHC 4.0, just ask FNP who has something like 180rwk from an edit and a zorst...


Mine has done well in terms to extracting the motor's hidden horsepower, but it's not a patch on what an XR6T can do - it's almost like Ford built a 400kw monster, then de-tuned it before putting it on sale but left the way back wide open.

 

_________________

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:30 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4323

Joined: 17th Jan 2006

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

Location: Cranbourne
VIC, Australia

fnp wrote:
downingj wrote:
I'm sorry, who said the 3 valver 8?????????

The 3 valve 8 might be a good thing in a mont or an XT but not for someone who is in the market for an XR...

XR6 or XR6T.

If you can easily afford it (cost, insurance, tyres :wink: ), go the T.

If you're struggling, go the N/A. There really isn't the MASSIVE performance chasm between the two you might imagine...

And if you want to know about the potential of the N/A DOHC 4.0, just ask FNP who has something like 180rwk from an edit and a zorst...


Mine has done well in terms to extracting the motor's hidden horsepower, but it's not a patch on what an XR6T can do - it's almost like Ford built a 400kw monster, then de-tuned it before putting it on sale but left the way back wide open.


lol, so the question is, what will the xr6t's of the future put to the ground? :p
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:54 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 4401

Joined: 25th Mar 2005

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

To be honest, I wouldn't be all that suprised to see a repeat of the 70's, where the Phase 4 GT and the horsepower race in general was killed off. In today's current political climate, speed and gas guzzlers and cars in general are seen as bad unless it's a Toyota Prius or something. I can just see Today Tonight or some other useless show like that whipping up a media frenzy after some kid in an XR6T or whatever kills himself and they point the finger at the manufacturers for building a car with so much potential blah blah blah until our Falcons in 2020 or whatever end up being fwd diesel hatchbacks.

 

_________________

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:03 am 
Fordmods Addict
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 2245

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BA XR6T

Location: Bayswater
VIC, Australia

yeah but back then they had cross ply tires, s**t brakes, things like abs, traction control and ebd hadnt been heard of. its a different world now adays, all the technology makes a big difference.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:34 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names