XR6 or XR6T 

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

fnp wrote:
To be honest, I wouldn't be all that suprised to see a repeat of the 70's, where the Phase 4 GT and the horsepower race in general was killed off. In today's current political climate, speed and gas guzzlers and cars in general are seen as bad unless it's a Toyota Prius or something. I can just see Today Tonight or some other useless show like that whipping up a media frenzy after some kid in an XR6T or whatever kills himself and they point the finger at the manufacturers for building a car with so much potential blah blah blah until our Falcons in 2020 or whatever end up being fwd diesel hatchbacks.

Nope, I'd bet the house that we wont see an epedemic like that again.

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

downingj wrote:
fnp wrote:
To be honest, I wouldn't be all that suprised to see a repeat of the 70's, where the Phase 4 GT and the horsepower race in general was killed off. In today's current political climate, speed and gas guzzlers and cars in general are seen as bad unless it's a Toyota Prius or something. I can just see Today Tonight or some other useless show like that whipping up a media frenzy after some kid in an XR6T or whatever kills himself and they point the finger at the manufacturers for building a car with so much potential blah blah blah until our Falcons in 2020 or whatever end up being fwd diesel hatchbacks.

lol, I hope not. I was in a p****d off mood when I wrote that last night :P

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fnp wrote:
downingj wrote:
fnp wrote:

lol, I hope not. I was in a p****d off mood when I wrote that last night :P

Gee, I wouldn't like to meet you in a dark alley at night if that's p****d off... :lol:

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

You can't deny Ford and Holden especially keep raising the bar for one another though.. Ford should cut some weight out of the B-series and let that Boss motor really come through.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fnp wrote:
You can't deny Ford and Holden especially keep raising the bar for one another though.. Ford should cut some weight out of the B-series and let that Boss motor really come through.

Agreed. Although Ford aren't really raising the bar in the KW stakes. Which is good, becuase it keeps buyers happier for longer. Whereas Holden increases it's KW count every fortnight, pissing buyers off in the process (just read Wheels and Motor to find out what Holden owners think of it all). Ford just keeps "improving" the vehicles.

Methinks that Ford does need to loose some weight, but also needs to increase the power of it's V8's. I would like to see the 3 valver become obsolete and make the 260kw 4 valver as standard fare across the range (i.e. V8 Monty, etc etc). Make XR8 280 and GT 320...

Post subject: xr6 orxr6t
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: XR6 TURBO

SA, Australia

i just bought one.have allways been a V8 man,not anymore.

Turbo....bigger, badder......more....more........more

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:12 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2003 XR6 Ute

WA, Australia

NA xr6 with a big f**k-off turbo kit, set of low compression pistons, microtec ecu, dog box, 9 inch....... f**k insurance, f**k the laws just gimme that tyre fryin hp!

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:11 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

guy's just a wog's 2c worth! so take it as you wish!

xr6t all the way period!!!!

180 rwkw xr's easy or 260+rwkw xr6t even easier

gen iii's are cool but 240 rwkw stops them without mods and get pricey from there just look at our street commonwhore back cover add.

xr8's great engine have seen 280+rwkw std with a 12.4 qtr to back it up

falcon body's suck at how heavy they are

and dansedgli is pobibly what ford should have done std back then as the engine was rubber stamped in 1990 from some reliable sources

ps god i hate bean counter interfering with designers and manufacturing!!!!
bet their kicking their own asses now!!!!!!

my 2c.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3