XR6 TURBO WORKSHOOP MANUAL 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: XR6 TURBO WORKSHOOP MANUAL
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

Can anyone help me with finding a xr6T workshop manual ive tried repco supercheapauto and the net any idea ppl :?

EDITED BY MOD, ADVERTISING NOT PERMITTED IN SIG. PLEASE REFER TO FORUM GUIDELINES

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Mate, i dont think there is one yet...

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

after what 5 years still fuken spuin cause i wan no how to take of my face plate of the stereo and aircon and i wana change a few other things on the car to cause its all clicks now no more screws

EDITED BY MOD, ADVERTISING NOT PERMITTED IN SIG. PLEASE REFER TO FORUM GUIDELINES

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

LUMO wrote:
after what 5 years still fuken spuin cause i wan no how to take of my face plate of the stereo and aircon and i wana change a few other things on the car to cause its all clicks now no more screws

Have you thought of jsut getting the BA manual then? I eam if it's not turbo related then it's going to the the same then isn't it?
I bought the Haynes 36734 (that's the part number) for my brother with his BA XR6T.

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA XR6 Ute

QLD, Australia

BA Falcon Repair Manual

kindly uploaded by ELSLER. many thanks once again for taking the time to upload it.
much appreciated also..

http://www.fordcortina.net/BA_FORD_MANUAL.pdf

nascentes morimur

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:43 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Futura

NSW, Australia

GOLD! Thats awesome, thanks for the link

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

175.6 rwkw

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

That is f**k beautiful ELSLER/Gregg_13. Any more uploaded for other models?

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA XR6 Ute

QLD, Australia

Dont thank me too much, I just redirected it from here http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37473

but i thought id bring it to someones attention

nascentes morimur

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

it stil doesnt show me anything bout the engine dude and things like how to take off the face plate of the stereo

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:04 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR8 Sedan or a potato gun

QLD, Australia

Hey - if by face plate you mean the fascia where the screen/cd/air con knobs are, then its pretty easy - just fiddly to do... I've taken the majority of the plastics out of my BA and repainted...
Its kind of like a mechano set - you need to take a few things apart first before you can get the fascia off... First thing to go is the top piece where the FPV's have the pod guages - you'll need a flat head screw driver for that - just lever under the top right and work aroung from there - be careful not to rush it otherwise you could damage the dash and/or the clip under the plastic piece. Once you got that off, you'll see a hex head screw, and if memory serves, you'll need a 10mm socket piece for it. remove that screw.
secondly, you'll see a plastic piece running along the bottom half of the sides of the fascia down along the centre console. You need to get these off before getting at the fascia screws. Get the cup holder out, again a screw driver under the top section and careful levering will get it out. and the fascia around the gear selector needs to come off too.
You will also need to remove the tissue box/cigarette lighter plate too.
Once they're off you'll see screws near the cup holder holding the side plastics, undo these and they will slide off...
Now the side plastics are gone, you'll see 1 or 2 hex head screws on each side of the dash fascia holding it in... I used a socket screwdriver for those. Once you have removed all screws (and put them in a safe place so you don't lose them) its a matter of popping the top off first, then levering the entire fascia off... it may taker a bit of levering but it will come out...
once its out, I would suggest going somewhere where you can lay out all the pieces off the back of the fascia (ie. circuit boards, computer, cd player) in a neat formation so as to remember correct order for re-assembly... Be careful with doing this, as you do not want to break any of this gear, you do and the car won't run...
Once you got the electronics out, unclip the air vents, and take out you plastic knobs and what nots, till you're left with the plastic - and you're ready to go - make sure you clean the plastic really well, especially if you use amourall - it leaves an oily residue, which can effect the paint...
use a good plastic primer, and layer on what-ever colour you choose in thin coats and build up to the thickness... I used VHT paints and primers and they're pretty good...

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i279/ ... 0_4830.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i279/ ... 0_4824.jpg

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 87 XF Ghia

WA, Australia

LUMO,

If you have a look on page 413-08-19 of that PDF it does show you how to remove the interior command center. ie fascia

Mike

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Cortina TE

WA, Australia

LUMO wrote:
it stil doesnt show me anything bout the engine dude and things like how to take off the face plate of the stereo

i have been thru it.. it has all that in there.

and nothign on the engine ??
theyre like 50++ pages of the engine.. do u need glasses ?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]