Fordmods Logo

XR6T motor into a E46 Coupe 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: XR6T motor into a E46 Coupe
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

how hard do you think?
i want to turbo my car, but i think that i'd be better to just get a factory turbo motor and put that in it..
and everyone seems to get good numbers from these... what do you guys think?

Post subject: Re: XR6T motor into a E46 Coupe
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

should give that Beemer of yours a wake up, I say DO EEETTTT :lol:

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:38 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

hahaha, put a LS3 in it you homo

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

any of those 2 motors would work, but i'd stick with the xr6t donk as we all know how u love dose pipes :D

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:02 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF XR6

QLD, Australia

Mate there is sweet f a room in your engine bay and those BMW motors are a bastard to get out. Look in europe there are some really wild centrifical supercharger kits available for your motor that are a pure bolt in item. They even come with a BMW ecu pre tuned, exchange basis, for a prety reasonable price. I would look into that a bit more, you will loose so may features the car has by removing that engine and ecu. A friend of mine was told that they couldn't get a after market ecu to communicate properly with the rest of his car, dash warning lights always on, he would have to send his BMW ecu back to get it remapped at the factory!

EF XR6 Manual 271RWHP/199RWKW N/A using Stock manifold with dual plane runners still operating. EFI Hardware 6TBM to come mid year.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

xr6eat 50 wrote:
Mate there is sweet f a room in your engine bay and those BMW motors are a bastard to get out. Look in europe there are some really wild centrifical supercharger kits available for your motor that are a pure bolt in item. They even come with a BMW ecu pre tuned, exchange basis, for a prety reasonable price. I would look into that a bit more, you will loose so may features the car has by removing that engine and ecu. A friend of mine was told that they couldn't get a after market ecu to communicate properly with the rest of his car, dash warning lights always on, he would have to send his BMW ecu back to get it remapped at the factory!

Mitch_ wants to do something completely different, and centrifugal chargers aren't his thing

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:36 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF XR6

QLD, Australia

As apposed to putting a xr6 turbo motor into something it did not come in??????? That is really new and inventive. Hey maybe he could do a really bad job of putting a turbo on an E series motor instead. That is new, nobody has done that.

I get what you are saying though, but how many supercharged BMW's have you seen getting around? There is one with N2O and two turbo e46's I know at the goldie, No superchargers.

EF XR6 Manual 271RWHP/199RWKW N/A using Stock manifold with dual plane runners still operating. EFI Hardware 6TBM to come mid year.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

You can't dose a centrifugal supercharger.....

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

It would definitely have that WANK factor going for it if you manage to shoehorn the barra in there Mitch :lol:

the most cost effective way is to turbo it or hook up a ROTREX C38 supercharger. they have kits for beamers did you know that? plus you'll get boost low down with its traction drive.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:23 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I will now impart the knowledge I have gained in the sacred Victorian art of dose pipe manufacturing.
To a banana bender.
I would be killed for this normally, but everyones been over it down here for a while now LOL

Flexi bit out of an EL intake pipe off le turbo, to a 3" 90 deg mandrel bend, to a genuine (not chinese fake) DRiFT pod filter.
You gotta take the crossover off, watch the studs that it attaches too, they fall out and are s**t.
Turf the BOV.
Stuff a round thing about 25mm in diameter into the BOV hose that comes off the pressure side of the rocker cover.
Put the spring clamp back, make sure whatever it is you stuffed in there is tight LOL
Poke a bolt into the BOV vac line, make sure that is in there good too.
Put everything back, except obviously the original plastic intake pipe and the BOV.

It'll dose s**t in my experience too, need more boost and a bigger cooler, they don't get a decent DUUUU DUU DU DU DU
You get more of a really quick DUDUDUDUDU

You can also do it without the EL flexi hose, but it's tight as fukk behind the PS pump, so you gotta lop a bit off the 90deg bend, at an angle, to get it in there.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]