Fordmods Logo

XR8 AU Snorkel 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: XR8 AU Snorkel
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 533

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF XR8 UTE

Location: Ballarat
VIC, Australia

I cant get the snorkel to fit properly it hits the fan, how do i fix this?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: XR8 AU Snorkel
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 107

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: EL Futura

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

stixinc wrote:
I cant get the snorkel to fit properly it hits the fan, how do i fix this?


Mine did the same thing. I got it to fit by undoing the air box, fiting the snorkel then forcing the air box back in. Most likely an a*** about way of doing it but it works! 8-) :D

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 533

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF XR8 UTE

Location: Ballarat
VIC, Australia

does it matter if it just touches the fan thing at the front of the car?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 107

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: EL Futura

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

stixinc wrote:
does it matter if it just touches the fan thing at the front of the car?


No. Mine touches the fan shroud. as long as its not pushing the fan shroud against the fan it wont be a problem.

I've taken mine off since and all it does is put a slight dent in the snorkel.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 3885

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

Location: Victor Harbor
SA, Australia

Just do exactly what it tells you to do in the FM modifications section (the tech doco on how to fit the snorkle), i followed all steps and mine fits perfectly. Doesnt even go near the fan shroud, its a pretty easy job to do.

Good luck :)

 

_________________

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 5313

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Surf, Turbo Diesel

Location: Melbourne, S.E Suburbs
VIC, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
Just do exactly what it tells you to do in the FM modifications section (the tech doco on how to fit the snorkle), i followed all steps and mine fits perfectly. Doesnt even go near the fan shroud, its a pretty easy job to do.

Good luck :)


for some odd reasons some are different...
mine wouldnt go in without removing the top radiator hose attacing the snorkel then reataching the hose

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 3885

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

Location: Victor Harbor
SA, Australia

chunkz wrote:
XRFan101 wrote:
Just do exactly what it tells you to do in the FM modifications section (the tech doco on how to fit the snorkle), i followed all steps and mine fits perfectly. Doesnt even go near the fan shroud, its a pretty easy job to do.

Good luck :)


for some odd reasons some are different...
mine wouldnt go in without removing the top radiator hose attacing the snorkel then reataching the hose


Yeah i had to relocate my balance (air) line for the LPG but that took an extra couple of mintues so it was quite easy still. :)

 

_________________

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:16 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 243

Joined: 16th Nov 2004

Ride: 03 BA Fairmont

Location: Bunbury
WA, Australia

He[X]eN wrote:
stixinc wrote:
does it matter if it just touches the fan thing at the front of the car?


No. Mine touches the fan shroud. as long as its not pushing the fan shroud against the fan it wont be a problem.

I've taken mine off since and all it does is put a slight dent in the snorkel.


i had that problem too, i filed the parts of the shroud that were in the way and the snorkle fits perfectly now

take it from me, anything that has to be forced to fit and causes stresses will eventually give you problems, get them out of the way now before they create future drama
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
cron

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:32 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names