Fordmods Logo

You guys reckon this is too expensive? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

IIRC smoke_ got a cam and tune done at Chiptorque (chip supplied) for $1100 (dont quote me on that though)

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:02 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

Well ya learn somethin new every day ay, actually, can learn a truck load of s**t in 1 day.

My original plan was to do a manual converstion first, but gonna have a think about the idea of an auto with hi stall + shift kit.

That ShiftKits.com.au has some good stuff on it ay - thinkin about some of that stuff, like the Speed Limiter remover, I have a mate who used to work at Jack Casey who rang a dude who works there still and they reckon they have a computer program that they use at work that can remove all the stuff like the speed limiter and as they described it, put it in 'Police Mode'. He reckons if I go see him in the morning he'll do it for a 6-pack :D Does anyone have any insight into this or 'Police Mode'? My other mate was also saying that it will being your speed up in numbers on the LCD panel, but I'm sure you would need a 'Police' cluster for that...

67RCE thanks I'm gonna have to ring them and see what they can do now, sounds about right though, a chip + tune is like $800 then a cam if it was $300 would be $1100. I'll call them tomorrow, thing is they are yonks away from me. Still havnt called that other fella if anyone was wondering.

USER BANNED

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:12 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EB Fairmont.

SA, Australia

Don't remove the speed limiter.
Big things can break.

1982 60 Series Landcruiser.
Filthy 5 Litre EB Mont.

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: V8 Falcon, Nissan Patrol

QLD, Australia

Leave the speed limiter alone! Unless you fully rebuild the driveline and de-regisiter the car, i.e its a 100% track car.

To get the speed in the LCD part of the odometer, just enter Fords service mode. It tells you coolant temp, fuel in tank, fuel/hr, tacho, speed, gear selection and more.

Steps for service mode:
Turn car off.
Turn to ACC
Press odo button 3 times and hold on the third, while turning key to ON
Wait until seat belt light goes out.
Let go of the odo button and wait for it to flash ford.
Then press the odo button to scroll throught the screens.
NOTE, if you go for a long drive (about 2hours) with out turning the engine off it will reset.
Also to turn off, just hold odo button in for a few seconds

1993 Ford Fairmont EB II 5.0L V8 Wagon
1992 Nissan Patrol TI 4.2L Diesel 4x4 Wagon

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '07 LT XR5

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

taking speed limiter away might seem like a fun thing to do, but the tail shaft can't handle it. Ask Data_mine about what happens.

you have a base model falcon, not a lamborgini, yes they can be fun and quick(ish) but they aren't designed to be 200kp/h+ racers.

as far as the diagnostic dash thing, follow the instructions above, takes 15 seconds. Not worth a 6 pack of beer, thats for sure!

So much RAM the motherboard twisted off the POST.

I lost 3 cylinders... but gained a turbo...
Proud owner of an '07 XR5Turbo

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

kstevo wrote:
That ShiftKits.com.au has some good stuff on it ay - thinkin about some of that stuff, like the Speed Limiter remover

f**k

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
a simple electronic speedo corrector will 'fix' the gear changes. you fit the speedo gear to suit the diff gears then use the speedo corrector between the speedo and the ECU to set the gear changes where ever you want them.

1st - there is no "correct" speedo gear for 3.7, 3.9 or 4.11 gears
2nd - you will still have the wrong gear changes even if u fit a speedo corrector, speedo will be right but ecu will still be trying to hold 1st to a much higher speed now...

u will need 2 speedo correctors to do it right with an auto....or just leave it and have a totally wrong speedo

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
kstevo wrote:
That ShiftKits.com.au has some good stuff on it ay - thinkin about some of that stuff, like the Speed Limiter remover

f**k

Tickford_6 mate

Couldnt Agree more

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:05 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Wow, cheers for that speedo thing the 'Police' mode thing. haha yeah wasn't really intending to go faster than 200kph but not gonna waste $$ on the speed limiter remover after you guys pointed out that.

So the final word on changing diff gears in an auto is that it CANNOT be done? Unless you get something to change the rev points at which the ECU changes gears I would assume?

USER BANNED

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: V8 Falcon, Nissan Patrol

QLD, Australia

gogetta is incorrect in part.

My EL is Auto with 4.11 Gears, it has the correct speed on the dash, in the trip computer AND shift patterns in the Auto!

I run the factory speedo gear, all I did was put in a Jaycar corrector. The EL computer is smarter than an EB/ED computer.

1993 Ford Fairmont EB II 5.0L V8 Wagon
1992 Nissan Patrol TI 4.2L Diesel 4x4 Wagon

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF

QLD, Australia

thats a good price mate

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

gogetta wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
a simple electronic speedo corrector will 'fix' the gear changes. you fit the speedo gear to suit the diff gears then use the speedo corrector between the speedo and the ECU to set the gear changes where ever you want them.

1st - there is no "correct" speedo gear for 3.7, 3.9 or 4.11 gears
2nd - you will still have the wrong gear changes even if u fit a speedo corrector, speedo will be right but ecu will still be trying to hold 1st to a much higher speed now...

u will need 2 speedo correctors to do it right with an auto....or just leave it and have a totally wrong speedo

i guees it all depends on what gears you fit.

as for your second point. fitting the correcter BETWEEN THE SPEEDO AND THE ECU and adjusting as needed will fix the gear changes no mater what the speedo is reading. if you go any shorter the 3.45:1 then yes you'll need two correctors if you want to fix the speedo reading AND the gear changes.

Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

i had a theory on how to use only 1 speedo corrector but have the shift points & speedo remain correct, but i forget how i worked it out.

Something like fitting the speedo corrector as per normal to the speedo input wire to correct the speedo, then cut the speedo output wire and tap it into the speedo input wire before the speedo corrector

Just a theory though, assuming the signal isnt converted when it goes through the cluster.....

Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

yeah i did wonder that myself...will have to put the signals on a scope to see if they differ

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:51 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

so in the ef/el computer the speedo relays the info back to tell it when to shift gears?

USER BANNED

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next