Fordmods Logo

Young blood..just got xd falcon 55000kms on original motor 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Young blood..just got xd falcon 55000kms on original motor
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Xd

NSW, Australia

Hey im stuck for cash but really want the best out of my car and ideas with what i can do with my new found treasure.. this car is top of the line after one grandpa owned it now its in my hands... no rust or anything... im really keen on cars but am just starting out.. id appreciate some any help or knowledge

:)
cheers

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

what are you wanting to do (performance mods, interior mods ect.?) have you tried posting in the x series forum as well?

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:56 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

55,000 click XD aye? Sounds like a find. I'm assuming it's got the 4.1 carby motor... It'll respond nicely to a zorst and extractors, like any other motor. Other then that, carby motors were before my time :P

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:23 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: DF LTD

NSW, Australia

mate if its xd it will no doubt have a single throat stromberg carby on it grab a webber and manifold of an xe or later and throw that on a great cheap mod for xd's with muchly noticeable difference start there

boobies are good

SOuNd By: Rockford Fosgat Alpine and Kicker
POwEr By: crescent motorsport all cylinder head services and of course RMA Jase
Project DF is now in the making all it requires now is that Money stuff hah

Post subject: Re: Young blood..just got xd falcon 55000kms on original mot
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Au2 & EF

QLD, Australia

laynus wrote:
Hey im stuck for cash but really want the best out of my car and ideas with what i can do with my new found treasure.. this car is top of the line after one grandpa owned it now its in my hands... no rust or anything... im really keen on cars but am just starting out.. id appreciate some any help or knowledge

cheers
:lol: Great find as previously mentioned the XE dual throat weber is a great swap. Put that on with a sports aircleaner. It is also cheap & easy to rejet for more power economy. The cross flow motors respond very well to Extractors & 2.5 incj system. Dyno tests have them as much as 17% power increase. A thermo fan for cooling will also help you can source them from wreckers make sure it is a large one though. You then just buy a thermostat seperately to control what temp it comes on at. Very easy to fit & cheap & gets rid of the horrible power robbing fan. Good luck :P

Post subject: Re: Young blood..just got xd falcon 55000kms on original mot
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Au2 & EF

QLD, Australia

laynus wrote:

cheers
:lol: Great find as previously mentioned the XE dual throat weber is a great swap. Put that on with a sports aircleaner. It is also cheap & easy to rejet for more power economy. The cross flow motors respond very well to Extractors & 2.5 incj system. Dyno tests have them as much as 17% power increase. A thermo fan for cooling will also help you can source them from wreckers make sure it is a large one though. You then just buy a thermostat seperately to control what temp it comes on at. Very easy to fit & cheap & gets rid of the horrible power robbing fan. Good luck :P

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Be carefull : The XD came in two varieties : Alloy head can have the webber swapped straight on, the Steel head has different bolt pattern.

If it is Alloy, Bolting on the Webber is the single biggest performance improver you can get. The second is a Manual Transmission (if it doesnt already have one)

Then Exhaust etc.

Should be able to pick up a complete 4 speed conversion (or even a complete car) under $200 for these now.

Nigel

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Fairmont

VIC, Australia

If it is a Alloy head, wouldn't it be better to to put a 350 Holley on it instead of a Webber. On a Holley both of the throttle's open at the same time, where as on a Webber, there is a period where only one throttle will open and then the second one will. We have a 350 Holley on our XE 4.1 speedway car and goes like a shower of s**t.

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Xd

NSW, Australia

Mad... so i where would i go to start picking these things up... go to likke auto on eand that or would i have to order or do em through mehcanics...

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

I would keep it stock - nicely polished and under cover ... do to much to it and it will just end up like alot of other overmoded cars.... my 2c

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]