Fordmods Logo

zorst on ba xr6 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: zorst on ba xr6
Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XR6

WA, Australia

just wondering if putting a quality Exhaust system including extractors high flow cat and 2 1/2 zorst gives a good tone?

ive noticed some 6's with performane exhausts get a real horrible whining noise so thought id ask around before i get it done

Ba Xr6 Boat

Post subject: Re: zorst on ba xr6
Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

It all depends on the mufflers used and how many mufflers/resonators are on it, I have a ef 6cyl with a 2.5inch exhaust and 1 muffler, its got a,terrible drone at low rpm under load, but if I put the foot down it sounds good, imconsidering putting a hot dog resonator on mine to take some of the drone out

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:24 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

ahk thanks will have to do some research into what sounds good ... on my XF ive got extractors and straight through 2.5 inch with 1 muffler and it sounds amazing so ye

Ba Xr6 Boat

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

Extractors, High-Flow Cat with twin 2.5inch tips. Sounds f**k amazing. It's not tinny? at all, but more of a rumble. I've had retards try to tell me I drive a V8 all because of the sound....

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:19 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
Extractors, High-Flow Cat with twin 2.5inch tips. Sounds f**k amazing. It's not tinny? at all, but more of a rumble. I've had retards try to tell me I drive a V8 all because of the sound....

haha ye i had the same thing with my old car :P

thnx for the help

Ba Xr6 Boat

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:44 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 09 FG XR6

Power: 208 rwkw

NSW, Australia

depends on the extractors and mufflers and even the tip you use, the extractors make the biggest differnce in sound my mate has a bf with hurricane extractors and it sounds deep where as my fg has pace maker tri Y's and it sounds sort of like a lamboghini when your up it. When i put my exhaust on i was chassing power not sound and i got both :)

i have pacemaker 4495's a high flow 3 inch cat then 3'' into 1 offset magnaflow muffler then 3'' into a fg GT rear system.

2 FOR TURNING & 2 FOR BURNING

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

brad17djr wrote:
depends on the extractors and mufflers and even the tip you use, the extractors make the biggest differnce in sound my mate has a bf with hurricane extractors and it sounds deep where as my fg has pace maker tri Y's and it sounds sort of like a lamboghini when your up it. When i put my exhaust on i was chassing power not sound and i got both :)

i have pacemaker 4495's a high flow 3 inch cat then 3'' into 1 offset magnaflow muffler then 3'' into a fg GT rear system.

hmm thanks for that im starting to get an idea of what im looking for :D

Ba Xr6 Boat

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

on my ba xr6, ive got pacemaker 4490's -100cpi cat- xforce 2.5" mild steel, i LOVE it to me sounds perfect, not to loud, no drone, sounds mean under acceleration. but everyones different, i suggest going onto youtube and check out some vids of peoples system, this will give you a rough idea on what different set ups sound like

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:56 am 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

will do

whats the difference between mild steel or stainless?

Ba Xr6 Boat

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

a big price difference, correct me if im wrong on the following, but i believe stainless steel yields slightly better power due to it not being able to carbon up (in a na 6 i'd doubt you'll be able to feel or measure the power difference) ive also heard they sound "tinny". i went with mild steel on mine, it was cheaper and i prefer the sound.
another bit of info, after about a 1000kms in a mild steel system the note changes to a more deeper slightly louder sound, or simply put, sounds better :lol: . in a stainless system i don't think the note changes, as it doesn't carbon up like mild steel

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:45 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

winman wrote:
a big price difference, correct me if im wrong on the following, but i believe stainless steel yields slightly better power due to it not being able to carbon up (in a na 6 i'd doubt you'll be able to feel or measure the power difference) ive also heard they sound "tinny". i went with mild steel on mine, it was cheaper and i prefer the sound.
another bit of info, after about a 1000kms in a mild steel system the note changes to a more deeper slightly louder sound, or simply put, sounds better :lol: . in a stainless system i don't think the note changes, as it doesn't carbon up like mild steel

hmm thanks heaps ... i much prefer the idea of a good sound :P

Ba Xr6 Boat

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yar, just as i said before, check out some youtube vids. 99% of them have s**t sound quality but you can get an idea of what different set ups will sound like. i looked around for about 3 months before i got my zorst fitted lol

BA XR6
some of my main mods

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:15 am 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

cool ... ye i definetly will ... gonna get rims and a few other little bits and peices done first so ill be lookin around for a while :D

Ba Xr6 Boat

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]