0 guage wire 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: 0 guage wire
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 1996 EF II FAIRMONT

VIC, Australia

in my ef fairmont ive looked everywhere but cannot find and easy way to get 0 guage wire through my firewall from you guys who have done this before where is the best hole? and when i'm gong to connect my 0 guage earth wire in the boot where is the best spot to do so?
cheers guys

Post subject: Re: 0 guage wire
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:17 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AUIII

NSW, Australia

Hi mate.
Would you not be better off getting a rubber grommet that will fit the cable through it! And then drilling a hole in the fire wall for it ???
I think the hole in the grommet will have to be 8.25mm.... to fit the cable through.

RE: the boot earth. I would weld a short bolt / stud somewhere outta site, and connect your earth to that.

All the best
MITCHY

AUIII, PACEY 4499's, MAGNIFLOW CAT, 2.5" ZORST, 17X8" AUII XR RIMS....otherwise all factory!

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

If the car isn't manual and you don't plan on making it a manual, then use clutch cable hole? It should fit...

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

i don't think it would fit the clutch cable hole anyway i'm considering to convert it to manual as my auto is starting to play up a little. ive read somewhere that there is a way to do it by taking the front drivers side quarter off then running it through there does anyone know anything about this?

cheers for the tips about the ground

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

If you're willing, you can pull off your drivers wheel. Then you have to take off the plastic wheel arch guard which has both metal and plastic screws. Once that is off, you will see a wiring harness that goes to the drivers footwell. However to see the footwell side, you will need to remove the drivers footwell kickpanel as well. Big rubber grommet there that you can put another hole through to fit the 0ga.

Whether you actually need 0ga is another question..

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:53 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

That sounds like a plan. ill give it a shot. yeah i dont need 0ga for the subs that i have atm but in the future i will almost certianly need it btw do you have to take the front quater off for that way? Just so i have a bit better idea of how long it will take to do

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:54 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

That sounds like a plan. ill give it a shot. yeah i dont need 0ga for the subs that i have atm but in the future i will almost certianly need it btw do you have to take the front quater off for that way? Just so i have a bit better idea of how long it will take to do

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

One Drone wrote:
If you're willing, you can pull off your drivers wheel. Then you have to take off the plastic wheel arch guard which has both metal and plastic screws. Once that is off, you will see a wiring harness that goes to the drivers footwell. However to see the footwell side, you will need to remove the drivers footwell kickpanel as well. Big rubber grommet there that you can put another hole through to fit the 0ga.

Whether you actually need 0ga is another question..

That is exactly where my 0ga runs on My EL. Run the wire into the guard where the battery box vents, and into that gromit.

You don't need to remove the guard, only the inner splash shield.

As for the 0ga earth - you should only need to put that sort of earth from the battery to the body. Each amp should be earthed directly to the body... Mine all earth into separate places, close to where I mounted the amps (running 2 amps, plus the factory ghia one).

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]