Fordmods Logo

2x12's or a 15 inch 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:25 am 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

VIC, Australia

EFMumford wrote:
I might look into getting a 3x12" set up like below.

I might even give it a go of making the enclosure. I just haft to make sure that the box that I make, is suited to the subwoofer specs.

A very good way to go if you dont mind sacrificing some a fair bit of boot space.

Will certainly be very loud. Next problem is what front stage will you get to keep up with it?

Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:00 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

I believe my front staging should be able to keep up. I have my new installed splits (only just yesterday) and what a difference they make! It's the first time that I have been able to hear the lips move on a vocalist's mouth, the ones that I installed are crystal clear!

A mate of mine was over in the states (U.S) a couple of months back, and he purchased a Sh*t load of audio equipment while he was over there, and the (Soundstream, Fosgate) stuff he purchased, was straight out of the oven (just released) and he was kind enough to buy a set of splits from over there for me as well. Please don't laugh, he brought me back a set of Boss splits (IQ60CS) and they are'nt the cheap one's that you can get from Strathfields or eBay (pic below) Plus I can't complain, I did'nt pay a cent for them. Though the mid bass sounds exactly the way they are spose to sound. A snare on a set of drums sounds exactly how it should do on a set of good quality component speakers, tight and clear mid bass! :D

My mate told the American car audio salesmen that Boss were the laughing stock in Australia, and the fella said, "The cheap Boss stuff that we get in Australia, is made off shore, as in made in china etc" Though the good quality Boss gear is made in the U.S.A. Well I believe him after hearing the splits I received!

IQ60CS

"Ford" any other machine is just a car!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2