Fordmods Logo

alarm - any good? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

im thinkin we need a group buy of these babies, i want one, and im sure others do 2

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

SA, Australia

yeh im keen

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:25 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF2 Futura

VIC, Australia

Im interested as well but also how do you go about by passing smart a** lock for the remote engine start? does it disable it completely? and if the alarm is armed and i open the door with the key what happens?

EF Fairmont - King Spring Lows, Monroe GT shocks, Avanti 17" Racing wheels, Sony CDX-GT500 HU, Kicker 6.2 splits, 2x 12inch Kickers, Powered by sweet gas injection!
Wrecking EF2 Futura

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:38 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: NF Fairlane V8

VIC, Australia

podes wrote:
Im interested as well but also how do you go about by passing smart a** lock for the remote engine start? does it disable it completely? and if the alarm is armed and i open the door with the key what happens?

Ok for Smartasslock I went the easy way and stuck another IGN barrel under the dash with only the smartlock plug connected. $40 for barrel and key sounded better than the $3-400 that some places were asking for a bypass module. :shock:
Some might say that makes the car easier to nick but:

A: first you have to get past the alarm and if its activated it disables the signal from the BEM to starter relay (so smashing IGN lock wont start mine).
B: If I have to park somewhere suss, then I can reach under the dash and take the key out of the Bypass IGN and there's no hope of starting. :D

A few weeks ago I took a CRO home from work and logged the EEC enable signal that comes out of the BEM with the intention of programming up a PIC to be a bypass module. (I've just been a bit slack as it all works how I want and my 'blown 347 project' is consuming most of my interest at the moment :twisted: )

Now on the topic of opening car with key instead of remote....

Simple.. The alarm goes off!!!!!!!!

But you can stop it by putting the key in the IGN and hitting the VALET switch which will disable the alarm.

One other problem is by not locking the car with the Ford keyfob, if you leave a door ajar the usual 'toot,toot,toot' won't happen.

Now I have the Fairlane so in my dash LCD there's an outline of the car that shows if doors, boot or petrol flap are open. It became pretty useless with the Blue LED dash mod so I intercepeted the signals going to the dash and fed them into a circuit mod I made and fed its output to the alarm.

So now the alarm chirps and my remote beeps if any door, boot or petrol flap is open thatway even if someone tries to syphon my tank (with the price of juice these days) and the shock sensor doesn't sense it my little mod will, and trigger the alarm.

As my car is at the moment the only way its getting taken is with a tow truck.. :lol: :lol:

Just one word of warning if you want to try and install any aftermarket alarm system (at least ones like this).
The 'door lock/unlock outputs' of the alarm have to go through relays. DO NOT connected directly to the 'BEM lock/unlock outputs' otherwise the output chip in the alarm fries itself. (I found out the hard way :oops: but luckily I had a spare in my parts drawer 8-) )

One thing I noticed during the install was that with the second IGN barrel connected, the Smartlock Jewel in the dash constantly flashed (but the car started fine by remote or key).
So instead of just disabling the dash led I made a small mod and turned it into the Alarm Status Led, rather than drilling a hole somewhere in the dash :D :D

So if you can get someone to install it for $100 (the way you want it to work) then DO IT!!!.

Otherwise if your confident in giving it a go yourself I'm happy to point you in the right direction.
You'd just have to send me the alarm install doco, your cars wiring schematic, and what functionallity you want from the alarm.. BUT with every car and alarm slightly different (as I found, the Factory Manual is not 100% accurate. :evil: ) you want to double check everything with a multimeter.

HA!! just did a search on eBay this is the guy I got mine from and can be had for $249 :evil: I paid $280...http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4585565132
And the one you guys are looking at is $299 buy now, but ya might get it a bit cheaper on the auction.. :D :D :D

The TORQUE Monster project begins!

Pic's, details and all the yummy stuff:
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22693

"There's no replacement for displacement!"

Post subject: Alarms
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

For those interested here is a link to the alarm I bought. My NC Fairlane does not have smart lock, maybe that will make things easier.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/REMOTE-START-CAR ... dZViewItem

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ALTED XR6 - ALTED EA - EF TAXI

QLD, Australia

the wire that wraps around the coil is for the remote start - it picks up the spark from the coil to keep the motor running ..

I used to have a remote start system on my R31, you need to wrap it around about 4-5times around the HT coil wire.

nice alarm ..

but IMO .. Most alarms can be good ... It just depends on HOW they are installed ... (apart from the paging feature) I've got a pyhon in one of my cars and it has all those features apart from the remote start ..

But really, again, it depends on how well it can be installed ... any alarm systems with enough relays can give you about 4-6 cut out points .

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XC V8

SA, Australia

im doing a DYS job from JAY CAR id dosnt seem too hard and i have a mate who is an auto electrition easy and its only $140 with a trade card

1976 XC falcon
182 Clio Sport

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:19 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF2 Futura

VIC, Australia

everyone gone off this idea???

EF Fairmont - King Spring Lows, Monroe GT shocks, Avanti 17" Racing wheels, Sony CDX-GT500 HU, Kicker 6.2 splits, 2x 12inch Kickers, Powered by sweet gas injection!
Wrecking EF2 Futura

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2