Fordmods Logo

Alarm help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Alarm help
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hey guys

i bought an alarm off ebay and am trying to install the sucker but im having a bit of trouble working out the wiring diagram. now i used to be good with electronics and im not anymore lol.

in my gallery are the 2 diagrams i got with it now what i dont know is how to wire the relay. its got one wire from te relay going to something called a high coil but the + of that aswell?? also the other wires in that circuit where do they go??

also in the 2nd pic it has a central lockin wiring diagram with 6 wires coming from the brain going to wires call nc, com, no, nc, etc just take a look at the pic heheh

the rest i can prety much make out but yeah if u can help any help help will be much apprieciated. actually if theres any1 in syd that could help theres a case in it for ya

Cheers

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:36 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: EFII Sedan

QLD, Australia

can't see the pics very well - so can't really help unless you can get a scan of it.

I assume you are referring to the starter/ignition kill relay?

There are normally two modes of operation for these - systems that inhibit start only, and systems that are able to stop an alraedy running engine.

You'll need to tell us which system is being used, but if its going to the coil, its most likely able to stop a running car (a good system in my opinion, but can leave you stranded if the relay dies and its location is hidden!)

Try and get a better scan and i'll be able to help you out.

EF II Sedan
Ex Chaser, Dual Fuel (Impco LPG)
LSD High, 3.23, Black wheels, other shiny bits.

EB II Sedan <--- R.I.P. (Rest in pieces - gone to the wreckers for $50...... bargain!)

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ok i got a better pic up there now off it from what i can make of it and what the dude at jaycar said the relay goes inline of the starter motor wire that comes from the battery??

the relay wires are tiny and i have to put it inline with the chunky starter motor wire??

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:16 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: EFII Sedan

QLD, Australia

You don't put it in line with the fat red starter wire, just the small exciter wire that clips onto the starter solenoid (The smaller cylinder on the side of the starter motor)

It will have a push on spade terminal. You'll want to cut this under the bonnet if possible, as it leaves less of a chance for someone finding an electrical path to it from under the dash, as long as your alarm isn't in the obvious "under the dash" position.

The bonehead that installed my alarm in the EB 10ish years ago, cut the starter wire about 10cm from my ignition switch, then zip tied the said relay to the loom IN THE STEERING COLUMN!

Enuff said!

EF II Sedan
Ex Chaser, Dual Fuel (Impco LPG)
LSD High, 3.23, Black wheels, other shiny bits.

EB II Sedan <--- R.I.P. (Rest in pieces - gone to the wreckers for $50...... bargain!)

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ok will check it out ommorrow

thanks mate! will need ur help again i think heheh

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]