Fordmods Logo

ALPINE CDA--9833 

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: ALPINE CDA--9833
Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:26 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me if the ALPINE CDA-9833 is any good?, i was going to get the CDA-9815, but found the 9833 instead.

I have one but just can't get the sound right, i'm picky when it comes to sound, it just doesn't seem clear enough for me, maybe i'm doing something wrong, i have the owners manual just can't figure it out,
My old PIONEER one sounded clearer than this one, but i have to admit it's got the power and the thump sounds fantastic,
Can anyone out there give me any advice PLEASE!!
i don't want to buy a new model one yet cause i haven't got the spare cash, i know the CDA-9887 with IMPRINT would be the go.
Cheers Jason. :)

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: ED fairmont Ghia 5 litre

NSW, Australia

i assume ur talking about ur speakers nto sounding to clear
few specs might help

whaty speakers are u running?
are they amped or just running of deck?<if amped make sure there on high pass >

have u got an earthing somewhere?
are your + an - on the right way?
are u getting feedback in the speakers?

check all the settings on the headunit itself
if u were here i would check it all but bit hard for me to do it when ur so far away
lol

good luck anyways bro

Drifty

THE V8 OUTLAW

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:46 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Ok mate i have some numbers ,
HEAD UNIT--ALPINE CDA--9833,
FRONT SPLITS--ALPINE SPS-600C
REAR SPEAKERS--ALPINE SPS-69C3(6x9"s)
SUB 1(10inch parcel shelf)--ALPINE SWS-1040D,
SUB 2(12inch in boot)--ALPINE SWS-1223D,
FRONT AMP(for split's)-- PIONNER 240W (don't know number under seat),
REAR AMP(for the 10Inch and 6x9"s) ALPINE V12 MRV-F353,
REAR AMP 2 (for 12inch sub)--ALPINE MRD-M500,

I havent got any feedback through speakers, and yes i have the +and- on the right way, i just can't seem to get the higher notes happening say the symbels in the drums if ya know what i mean,
i could have a wrong setting somewhere in the head unit, i've only had the system for about a week or so, just not used to it yet lol!!
I will have another fiddle with it later,just need to be shown how to really fine tune it to my taste.
I wish you wre here too mate, you could help me with the stereo, and i could help you with your engine,car etc.
Cheers,
Jason. :) 8-)

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ok jason
ill look into it a little more soon
but heres just a quick sum up

Personally i wouldnt run subs and component speakers on the same amp
even though urs is a 5 channel.
Make sure they are running on there own channels and sub is running a low pass as to the speakers running a high pass
Personally the deck is not the best,
i would be looking at upgrading that
yes the eq in it is good
but u are not able to fine tune it and adjust all your clarity settings such as treble and bass.

As for your 2 amps in the boot, are they running on there own rca channels or is 1 of them bridged from the other amp
as the deck if im remember right there a 4 volt 3 pre-out therefore i would run each amp on there own channels
and really i would just be running subs off a single mono block but 1 being a 12 inch to the other 10 inch makes it a bit hard to do so.

Your setup seems pretty good for now
but personally i would recommend a single 15 inch woofer for a big car like a falcon due to the size of the boot theres not really enough push to get a peak from it.
Yes they sound good with 12's but would be alot stronger with a single 15, and i would rather take the sub out of the parcel shelf unless it is a free air driver which iin this case yours is not

upgrade the deck to something else doesnt have to be top of the range or exspensive
but anything besides that
my choice is pioneer for the clarity levels i can reach but every1 has different preferences

hope this helps for now bud
any more questions just give me a yell

:D

Drifty

THE V8 OUTLAW

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

vrblou02 wrote:
ok jason
ill look into it a little more soon
but heres just a quick sum up

Personally i wouldnt run subs and component speakers on the same amp
even though urs is a 5 channel.
Make sure they are running on there own channels and sub is running a low pass as to the speakers running a high pass
Personally the deck is not the best,
i would be looking at upgrading that
yes the eq in it is good
but u are not able to fine tune it and adjust all your clarity settings such as treble and bass.

As for your 2 amps in the boot, are they running on there own rca channels or is 1 of them bridged from the other amp
as the deck if im remember right there a 4 volt 3 pre-out therefore i would run each amp on there own channels
and really i would just be running subs off a single mono block but 1 being a 12 inch to the other 10 inch makes it a bit hard to do so.

Your setup seems pretty good for now
but personally i would recommend a single 15 inch woofer for a big car like a falcon due to the size of the boot theres not really enough push to get a peak from it.
Yes they sound good with 12's but would be alot stronger with a single 15, and i would rather take the sub out of the parcel shelf unless it is a free air driver which iin this case yours is not

upgrade the deck to something else doesnt have to be top of the range or exspensive
but anything besides that
my choice is pioneer for the clarity levels i can reach but every1 has different preferences

hope this helps for now bud
any more questions just give me a yell

:D

Drifty
Drifty,
I should have explained it better, i'm running all amps as it say's on the back such as, front, rear, sub , and as for my amps i'm running them off their own rca cables, not bridged!!.
The guy i bought the system off know's his stuff as he has won a heap of sound off's, he is the owner of THE HI--FI MART in TOOWOOMBA QLD,and with the 5-channel amp he said to run the 10inch and the front split's but i didn' have enough speaker wire to do that,so i just hooked the 6x9's up instead.
As for the head unit i'm dissapointed with it ,my PIONEER--DEH-5650MP had better clarity than the ALPINE, i've still got my PIONEER one i might put it back in for the EQ, but i don't know yet.
My ALPINE has I--PERSONALISED on it, i might get on there web site and see what they say, if it can't be done i will defenetly put my PIONEER one back in, and see if i can save up and get the ALPINE-- CDA-9887 with the IMPRINT, cause i want it all ALPINE, BUT don't get me wrong i still like PIONEER, it used to be my favourite brand but cause my ED GHIA was factory fitted with the ALPINE gear i just wanted to upgrade it, other wise i would have gone PIONEER,but that's just me lol.
I just rang up the owner of HI--FI MART and explained what i wanted and next time i go to TOOWOOMBA to call in and he will fix it for me through the I--PERSONALISE.
Thanx for your advice mate, hope to hear from you soon!!.
Cheers,
Jason. :) 8-)

'

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Na fairlane, xe 351 ute

NSW, Australia

you'd gave been better off with the cda-9815 it is older but was a top of the range deck i have it in mine and the sound is crystal clear my speakers aren't even amped

Current cars
1983 XE Ute - xf front, worked 351, straight gas
1990 Na fairlane - stock

ex cars
Fg xr6t, 80 series cruiser, ba xt, ea s-pac (xr6 test model), ke laser.

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

howsie wrote:
you'd gave been better off with the cda-9815 it is older but was a top of the range deck i have it in mine and the sound is crystal clear my speakers aren't even amped
Hi Howsie, thanx for that, i was wanting the CDA-9815 but came across this one instead, it has the 60wx4 amp and so on just like the 9815 but not as clear by the sound of it.

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i suggest checking the alpine website for details on the 9815 and compare it to the 9833. from memory the 9815 has a few key features the 9833 doesn't but as i said i'd check that out as i'm not 100% sure i just know the 9815 is an awesome deck as i currently have one

Current cars
1990 Na fairlane - stock

ex cars

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

howsie wrote:
i suggest checking the alpine website for details on the 9815 and compare it to the 9833. from memory the 9815 has a few key features the 9833 doesn't but as i said i'd check that out as i'm not 100% sure i just know the 9815 is an awesome deck as i currently have one
Howsie, if you were to buy one 2nd hand what would you exspect to pay? there is one or two on ebay, but i think there a bit pricey, but seeing they are a GOOD unit they maybe worth it.
I wish i would have gotten the 9815 cause i liked it the most!!
If i can't get mine fined tuned, i will sell it and get the 9815.
Thanx for the advice mate, have a GR8 arvo!!
Cheers Jason. 8-)

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i paid $400 for my 9815 about 3 year ago when new they were about $1000 to $1200.

i think if its in perfect working order anywhere from $400 to $600 would be a fair asking price for a 9815 i've no idea what the 9833 is worth

Current cars
1990 Na fairlane - stock

ex cars

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

actually looking at the specs the decks are very similar what have you got setup on the deck. ie time correction, eq. also do you have a copy of the user manual because this could help

Current cars
1990 Na fairlane - stock

ex cars

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

not sure if i was much help
but glad to have assisted :D

good luck with it all mate

THE V8 OUTLAW

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

howsie wrote:
i paid $400 for my 9815 about 3 year ago when new they were about $1000 to $1200.

i think if its in perfect working order anywhere from $400 to $600 would be a fair asking price for a 9815 i've no idea what the 9833 is worth
Thanx for that, i guess i will have to sell mine and get the 9815 as i intended to i should have waited a little longer!!! personaly i prefer the 9815.
There was the 9815 and the cha--1214 12 stacker going on ebay awhile ago going for $360 ( well starting bid)(i paid $250 for mine), i should've grabbed it, but he wasn't advertising then when i had the money, about 3 day's later he relisted again, i was spewin ahhhh!!!, and there was no bid's on it, i was watchin it.
I hope i can sell mine cause i'm fussy when it come's to sound and clarity, it's got to be just right for me!!.
Thanx again mate,
Cheers Jason. 8-)

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yep im the same when it comes to clarity
gotta be crystal
alot a people go more bass then treble but u want just a little more treble
good luck on a new deck bud
im updating the factory alpine in mine very shortly

THE V8 OUTLAW

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

vrblou02 wrote:
yep im the same when it comes to clarity
gotta be crystal
alot a people go more bass then treble but u want just a little more treble
good luck on a new deck bud
im updating the factory alpine in mine very shortly
You, MY347,and i (COBRAED) and anyone else ( the more the merrier)( excuse the spelling!!) should get together one day, we'd make a good crew!!!, cause we nearly like the same thing's!!.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next