Alpine CDA-9851 HU 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Alpine CDA-9851 HU
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: In Transition

NSW, Australia

Im looking at getting a new head unit for the car. after reading a bit ive picked up that in order to use the Alpine stacker in the EF Fairmont i will need a alpine HU? my question is will the Alpine CDA-9851 work? and does anyone have this HU?

http://www.alpine.com.au/products/brochure.asp?id=205#

Another question, just wondering whether anyone has bought any products for any of these stores on e-bay?

http://search-desc.ebay.com.au/CDA-9851 ... CDAQ2d9851

Due to the fact of not many places selling alpine and ebay being cheaper i was wondering whether buying from overseas asian store wont cause too much trouble

Thanks in advance

Member Since FM 1

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Falcon BA XR8

NSW, Australia

I'm thinking of getting my alpine stuff from Aussie Car Audio when i've got the cash... heard a few good reports on the forums, and apparently if you're lucky, you won't have to pay any customs fees. I say give it a go, and if it turns out all good, let me know so i can do the same :)

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:08 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

im guessing that it wont be compatible with the alpine changer mate
that deck would use an ai-net cable for its changer and the fairmont changer uses m-bus cabling, only older alpine decks will work with it. i believe there are converter cables around if u have a look

havent used that particular deck but its a mid-range deck like mine (cda-9826) but from the newer line of models, so if thats anything to go buy u wont be dissapointed at all

i think ull find that the ebay stores are good to deal with especially ones with high feedback ratings, include registered post + insurance etc and u cant really go wrong, just compare ur prices

<br>

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: In Transition

NSW, Australia

p0ly wrote:
im guessing that it wont be compatible with the alpine changer mate
that deck would use an ai-net cable for its changer and the fairmont changer uses m-bus cabling, only older alpine decks will work with it. i believe there are converter cables around if u have a look

so if i do purchase a alpine deck with a bit of mucking around i will still be able to use my stacker? or is it more hasle that its worth, because id be a shame to lose a perfectly stacker, if not i will probably still get the HU and will have to deal without a stacker :(

Thanks for the info

Member Since FM 1

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:15 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

yer id say u mite have a bit off mucking around to do, dunno how hard those cables are to find thats the only thing, personally i wouldnt worry about the stacker

ur stacker will hold 6 cds, and an mp3 cd will usually hold 6 cds piece of piss, so all u gotta do is rip ur cds to mp3 and u no longer get into ur boot just to change a cd, plus u got the luxury of putting ur music into folders etc on the mp3 cd, couldnt live without it now

also u could sell ur stacker on ebay, seen a few go on there latey for around $100 or so, and get urself some new speakers or something

<br>

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:17 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

another option is to sell ur stacker, put in a bit of extra money (dunno how much, not sure how much they're worth) and buy a new / second hand stacker that supports the ai-net connection of new deck

<br>

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]