Fordmods Logo

amp location and securing 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: amp location and securing
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

looking to mount an amp under the passengers seat. i think that means i'll need to remove the seat, dam f50 security nuts.

how do ppl mount them? i saw one idea in the boot with a sub. used a few small strips of velcro and it held really good. other than that, how is it done?

Cheers

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Mounting to the carpet with good velcro or something from bunnings is fine...i did this with the 2x 2channels I originally had running the bridged rears.....had one under each front seat....velcrod down and tek screwed into the carpet since it has that solid backing for a lil extra support. Never came loose or had any issues. Power was supplied from boot mounted distribution and earthed securely to the chasis about 3-5cms from the amp

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

One thing I just remeber with my 2 channels...bve careful when mounting with where u situate the amp...hoe high u sit the amp up...closer to the front of the seat it will sit higher.....what you need to be careful off is if a passenger gores to sit in the seat and roll it back....when they pull the leave the bar underneath will flick down (do it n look under the rails) so be careful there is clearence so this never touches and scratches your amp when the seat i rolled back on the rails

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]