Page 3 of 4 [ 47 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

fonzy_69er wrote:
Bout 600-700 dunno depends how good the amp is

Ideally you want an amp that has a nominal power rating of 800w RMS or higher.....

So the below cheaper ones will do 600w rms which is still plenty of punch...but not enough....

Having dual 4 ohm coils on each sub wiring them together you are only going to be able to get either a 1ohm load or 4 ohm load....alot of amps like alpines wont support a 1ohm load stable...they do 2,4,8 ohm stable - to get a 2 ohm load....youd have to have one sub per amp...for $900 u can have 2x Alpine MRP-M605 -- which would be ideal but obviously slightly higher cost...also the lil extra for extra cables, terminals etc...and i dunno what sizes fuse/fuses your running

heres a few amps anyways and let me know if ya need anything explained in more detail or ya dont understand.

$599 will get u an Alpine MRD-M605 V12 Power Mono Amplifier which can produce continuously 600W x 1 RMS @ 2Ω @ 14.4v (so while the car is running).

$499 will get u an Alpine MRP-M605 V Power Mono Amplifier which can produce continuously 600W x 1 RMS @ 2Ω @ 14.4v

But that would be just under powering them but not by much....if you could save for the $899 MRD-M1005 - 1000w RMS @ 2ohms @ 14.4v

DLS Classic CAD 11 750w RMS @ 2 ohm or 1050w RMS @ 1ohm not sure on price might be close or over a grand im not sure tho...

JBL GTO601.1 580w RMS @ 2ohm - have seen one of these goin cheap on the forum somewhere may have been pyroay

Theres a couple anyway.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

i sold that amp to a mate.

Smoke tyres not drugs.

92 EB falcon 4.0L I6.

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

fonzy_69er wrote:
i sold that amp to a mate.

ahh ok...well u dude in the ned its up too you...the money...how u wanna power your gear whether u want them at their max potential or u dont mind if there slightly under etc.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 AU Fairmont

WA, Australia

I love my dual 3" 1-ohm coils :P punch so much harder then my dual 3" 2-ohm coils that were in the old version of the sub, also increased Peak RMS to 2300w (2 Sec) instead of the old 1800w (2 sec)... take THAT resistance, you bastard...

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Razor7107 wrote:
I love my dual 3" 1-ohm coils :P punch so much harder then my dual 3" 2-ohm coils that were in the old version of the sub, also increased Peak RMS to 2300w (2 Sec) instead of the old 1800w (2 sec)... take THAT resistance, you bastard...

hehe sweet nice increase :P

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

man i love soundstream, they have some really pro car audio s**t, i never heard of them before a few years ago but there up there with the likes of Rosford Fosgate.. and to tell you the truth i prefer there stuff much more then Alpine, Pioneer, Kicker or Kenwood... there new sub is a single 15" XXX Series sub with a nominal RMS rating of 8,500 watts and a peak at over 13,000 watts... f**k blow you the f**k up...

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Razor7107 wrote:
man i love soundstream, they have some really pro car audio s**t, i never heard of them before a few years ago but there up there with the likes of Rosford Fosgate.. and to tell you the truth i prefer there stuff much more then Alpine, Pioneer, Kicker or Kenwood... there new sub is a single 15" XXX Series sub with a nominal RMS rating of 8,500 watts and a peak at over 13,000 watts... f**k blow you the f**k up...

yeh but at wat cost :P like RFs 15000USD 4 channel amplifier...like 7500w per channel at 1ohm....its ridicualous...like the sub yeh sure if ya one hundreds of thousands a year...hate ya hearing and compete in regular SPL comps it would be good but toherwise no point...alpine and the likes are aimed at the everyday listening market...that sub even at half volume would be over the 120db mark...the start to f**k ya hearing mark so yeh.

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

where did you go to get your boot layout done? i want somethin a little more fancified i got a decent audio system but it doesnt look anything special, its just got the sub in the boot in a soundstream box that takes up almost the whole boot with a chrome soundstream spider grill on the front... also, how much did it cost for you to get that layout done?

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Razor7107 wrote:
where did you go to get your boot layout done? i want somethin a little more fancified i got a decent audio system but it doesnt look anything special, its just got the sub in the boot in a soundstream box that takes up almost the whole boot with a chrome soundstream spider grill on the front... also, how much did it cost for you to get that layout done?

this layout was mostly my own design....and installed by a couple car audio installers...one a home business..a friend foa friend and another by a car audio shop....its currently getting a make over now thats gonna be involvning quite a few places...cost mate sorry i couldnt tell u this whole setups been alot.....iver spent well over 20K probably over 25K on the entertainment system alone...thats including the labour and fabrication work

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

man i could zing you so bad right now haha :P

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Razor7107 wrote:
man i could zing you so bad right now haha :P

you could wat me right now lol ... well its tru tho...ive got 4x 500w RMS subs and with my setup you can feel ya inirds vibrating...broke my rier view mirror out of its mount...cracked an 12mm perspex window:P ..good luck in hearing any of the passengers...sounds a treat so why spend so much on such crazy equipment :P hehe i mean sure it would be wild but i love listening to my music while cruising pretty loud....getting near my systems capability before competition level....so why have gear that u could only at like a qtr volume 90+% of the time :P

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

zing.... swish... i dunno. i was going to say i spent 3.5k on my system and it prolly pumps louder then your 20k system hahaha... but then again, you got a sexy layout... but seriously... whats in there that makes it soooo expensive? you got like 10 lcd's in there or something?

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Razor7107 wrote:
zing.... swish... i dunno. i was going to say i spent 3.5k on my system and it prolly pumps louder then your 20k system hahaha... but then again, you got a sexy layout... but seriously... whats in there that makes it soooo expensive? you got like 10 lcd's in there or something?

$8491 in amps and hu alone.
$3990 in subs and speaker sets.
Close to $1600 in wiring
$1500 capacitor
modified xbox,custom dash and xbox mould, $1500 JVC 17" widesceen LCD TV
3 batteries, some expensive fuses and distribution, 250 stinger relay, lots of fabrication, lighting some laser cut plastic and glass work.....all the labour minus my own time...it really adds up....more than 120kgs has been added to the car.

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

why your amps so expensive? mine was $1200, yours should be cheaper because they dont need to power such powerfull sub (guessing 1 sub per amp?)

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Razor7107 wrote:
why your amps so expensive? mine was $1200, yours should be cheaper because they dont need to power such powerfull sub (guessing 1 sub per amp?)

Theres 6 amps....2 mono (they power the 4 subs), 2x 4 channels and 2x 2channels

2000w RMS nominal worth of subs with 4000w RMS peak...that i use for burping in competition.

Sub amps were $1099 each - 1000w RMS @ 2ohms - 2x Subs per amp...dual 2 ohm coils - so 4x 2ohm coils makes for a 2ohm load when wired in parrallel.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next