Fordmods Logo

Amp 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Amp
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hey i was just wondering say that i had two 4ohm subs running in parallel that would make it 2 ohm and the subs have a 400w rms and the amp that i use does 500w rms running in 2ohm would that over power them. Or i could run the subs in series so that would be 4ohm the amp puts out 300w rms runnin at 4ohm wat would be better 2 do thankyou

Post subject: Re: Amp
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

mattttty wrote:
Hey i was just wondering say that i had two 4ohm subs running in parallel that would make it 2 ohm and the subs have a 400w rms and the amp that i use does 500w rms running in 2ohm would that over power them. Or i could run the subs in series so that would be 4ohm the amp puts out 300w rms runnin at 4ohm wat would be better 2 do thankyou

Nah mate running 2x subs with dual 4ohm coils in parrallel to a single amplifier will actually give u a 1ohm or 4ohm load not a 2ohm load. Do get that they would have to be dual 2ohm coils.

As far as over powering them...the answer is no.

If you have 2x 400rms subs running off a single 500wrms channel...you will actually be under powering them as each sub would only see 250wRMS.

Lemme know if you need to know anything else.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:07 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

hey they are only single coil 4ohm subs. would u recommend a like 4 channel amp or like a monoblock amp. would they go any good only gettin 250wrms each or not thanks

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

mattttty wrote:
hey they are only single coil 4ohm subs. would u recommend a like 4 channel amp or like a monoblock amp. would they go any good only gettin 250wrms each or not thanks

ok sorry my apologies didnt know you meant single 4 ohm coils...so yes in parrallel for 2 ohm load or series for 8ohm...obviously for power youre not gonna wanna be doing that.

250wRMS obviously is gonna run them fine and youre not gonna have to worry about over driving them or over powering them which in a way I guess is good if you like to have ya volume cranked while crusing...isnt gonna kill the amp either :P ... so it will run fin just you wont be getting the money out of your subs that all but 250wRMS per sub would still be nice punchy listening

And for subs espescially since your running 2 together...think class d monoblock and nothing else.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]