Amps not working... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Amps not working...
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

Well, 3rd thread in here in 3 days? gotta be some kinda record!

ive installed all my audio gear!

pioneer deck, 220w sony amp, cadence amp for subs, 2*12" subs, mb quart splits up front..

now, i didnt have a wiring diagram for the headunit, so i kinda guessed most of the plugs.. think i got em all right, used abit of process of elimination..

anyway, the blue wire on the head unit was the remote for amps, and i though id hook the elec aerial upto this.. maybe not good idea?

anyway, was playing ok from rear, front was really quiet, swapped the outputs, (plugged front rca's into different output, and subs into the other output) seemed to work ok. but then turned it up a bit. front stage cut out. just stopped. turned car off, fiddled, turned it on, worked fine, turned it up, cut out.. just the front stage. we managed to make it stay on i think, went out for a drive few hours later, head unit powers up, rear speakers (running of deck) work..

both amps, dont power up, and the aerial no longer goes up. all the fuzes are fine, but the amps arent turning on, im thinking this must be to do witht he remote wire? (to late to check atm) should i plug the power antenna in somewhere else, and what plug?

cheers..

(btw, torx screws stripping and having to get them out with a drill is not fun! felt very nervous taking a drill to my dash)

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: turbo ef falcon

ACT, Australia

jump power to the remote wire from a different source if u can n see if they power up. also whats ur power cable like? i had the same problem with my mates car the other day... it would play at low levels but cut out when u gave it some herbs. traced it to a bad connection in the fuse on the power cable. turn it on and wiggle that around a bit see if they come on, we had to get a new fuse holder coz the origonal one was dodgy n the fuse wabbled around inside it causing 'hot spots' on the fuse and losing a good connection.

I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick. Not wounded. Dead.

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon EGas

WA, Australia

Sounds like you can't get enough power to your amps.

Make sure you put in the right gauges of power and earth cables. Earth is properly anchored. battery should be fine as these are small amps. Also, if you have earthed to the chassis, then you need to add a larger cable (I recommend 0 gauge) that goes from the chassis or engine block to the -ve terminal of the battery. Because all that's there now is a 16 gauge cable (very small).

PM me if you need more info or just post on here.

BA Falcon Futura on EGas. Stock as...

EF 5 speed manual; PH 4480 Pacemaker Headers; 2 1/2" Lukey Mandrel Bent System; Hi Flow Walker Cat; Stage 3 Crow Cam; ChipTorque Chip; 3" Mandrel Bent Intake; K&N Pod Filter; Low Pedders Suspension; 17" EL GT Champagne Rims; RPM Series Clutch

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

got it all working guys thanks :D

the fuse on the remote wire had blown, must have been to much for the fuse doing power aerial and 2 remotes, hooked the aerial upto the accessories, and the 2 remotes to remote wire...

bought a new battery terminal connector, had amp wiring connectors built into it.

now it works f**k schweet!

the sound is pretty tight for 2x12"

just gotta track down all those little rattles in the dash etc...

oh and mount the tweeters for the splits, i havnt found a decent spot to mount them yet, so they might just be sitting in the front map pocket.. :lol:

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]