Fordmods Logo

au forte head unit error 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: au forte head unit error
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:42 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ef

QLD, Australia

hey i just bought a 200 series 1 au forte and the radio dosent work, it displays err, when i try and turn it on, also the keyless entry dosent work, does the keyless remote have anything to do with it, does it send a singal to the radio.

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

Probably on the same fuse or the battery has been disconnected and the radio code has not been entered :roll: :D

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:05 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

cant be a fuse can it cause it still has power to say "err".

how do i find out the code or enter the code, also how much does a new keyless entry cost.

and what is the picture of the red speaker button on the keyless entry remote do.

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Hilux

VIC, Australia

err comes up because someone has tried to put the code in too many times and it has locked. to overcome that you need to leave your car on acc for possibly half an hour then it will come back code. the code will either be in your owners hand book or you will have to go to Ford with your VIN and proof of ownership to get the right code.

the keyless remote are about $85. Is the red light on yours flashing at all when you press the buttin? if so it will work just needs to be programmed. The red button on the remote is like a panic button and will sounds the horn until you press it again

Now driving a Hilux

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

ok then. no the remote dosent do anything and i cant get into it to change the battery cause it is all glued up, so i will just have to get a new one. im bidding for one on ebay now.how much does for charge for the code.

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Hilux

VIC, Australia

depends on where you go, most will be $10 but i have heard places charging $20 o rmore. i think there may even be a few nice places that do it for free...

Now driving a Hilux

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:34 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

ok then, if i was to change the head unit, it will work fine wouldent, cause i am thinking about changing it and if the new one would work fine i might just leave it. also are all the speakers 5x7's.

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

u need to program the keyless entery remonte to your car, just off memory what you need to do is close the doors and lock them, put the key into accessories and press the dimister button 3 times within 5 seconds. and then the doors will unlock to tell you that its worked (if it dosent try again), then press the unlock button on the keyless remote to train the remote to the car.
as for the error, too many wrong codes were enterd into the radio so the message error is displayed, leave the car on acceseries close the doors go inside have a s**t for about 20-30 minues then go to your car and it would have displayed "code". then if you have your security code pin it in and if not go to your local ford dealer and they will rip you off anywhere from $10-25 for it.
cheers

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:24 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

do i need to take my car into ford or can i just drop by cause it isnt registered at the moment.

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

your best off calling first, but i think they need to see the car and the transfer papers or pinkslips as they need the chassi number

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:46 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

If you know someone with an LMCT licence number they can ring a dealer and get the code over the phone if you have the VIN...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]