Fordmods Logo

AU II Headunit and wiring q's plus AU2 ute install pics 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: AU II Headunit and wiring q's plus AU2 ute install pics
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 137

Joined: 18th Jul 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Location: bomaderry N.S.W
NSW, Australia

Hey all,

Im up to the stage im going to put a single DIN h/u in my XR6, it has the premium 6 stacker in it im going to remove thats no worries, what id like to know is a couple of things:

- When i mount a single DIN unit it do the round edges of the stereo surround need trimming at all? or are they fine?

- Also where can u get black Single DIN map pockets, do i get a aftermarket one or just paint a grey AU one to match??

- Also was in supercheap the other day they have those wring kits to suit AU's but have those Werid connectors (ISO i think) on them. I was thinking of getting one and simply cutting those connectors off and using the loom to make the install easier...has anyone done this?

is anyone has pics or info to help me that would be tops, im not really keen to stuff it up

cheers
matty :)

Last edited by MATT J on Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

there is a guy on ebay selling the black single din AU pockets... sjsinstalls

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 137

Joined: 18th Jul 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Location: bomaderry N.S.W
NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
there is a guy on ebay selling the black single din AU pockets... sjsinstalls


just had a look, can find plenty of stuff hes selling but no pockets do u have a link at all?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:14 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 1870

Joined: 14th Apr 2006

Ride: 1993 EBll xr6, 2003 ba xt

Power: 150 rwkw

Location: Whyalla
SA, Australia

link to his online store

http://stores.ebay.com.au/sjs-CAR-AUDIO ... eZL2QQtZkm

 

_________________

Owning 1 of 84,847 ebII.
2x clarion subs 1200w, 1x clarion amp 400w, pioneer headunit, 16x8 roh reflex.
Clear side, front indicators, White dials, trip computer, boot spoiler, K & N air filter.
35% tint, paint code (z) stark white, 3" crome nudge bar, Xh snorkle

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

he also sells the wiring looms

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 1

Joined: 2nd Jan 2008

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Supply is quick, I got mine in 2 days.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 137

Joined: 18th Jul 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Location: bomaderry N.S.W
NSW, Australia

awesome thanks for the replies guys!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 137

Joined: 18th Jul 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Location: bomaderry N.S.W
NSW, Australia

doesnt seem to have any falcon wiring or DIN units there for sale, have to keep an eye out i guess
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:49 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Have you tried any local car audio dealers...to see if they may have or able to order something in for you to suit?

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:56 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 137

Joined: 18th Jul 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Location: bomaderry N.S.W
NSW, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
Have you tried any local car audio dealers...to see if they may have or able to order something in for you to suit?


no not yet just thought id try the forums first then move on from there :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:02 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

MATT J wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
Have you tried any local car audio dealers...to see if they may have or able to order something in for you to suit?


no not yet just thought id try the forums first then move on from there :)


Thats fair enough..good place to start anyways :P

Id hit up a local audio joint though..quick phone call and generally they should have what your after if their a widely enough known joint...

Good luck with the hunt

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:28 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 137

Joined: 18th Jul 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Location: bomaderry N.S.W
NSW, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
Thats fair enough..good place to start anyways :P

Id hit up a local audio joint though..quick phone call and generally they should have what your after if their a widely enough known joint...

Good luck with the hunt

Cheers for the help man, i was lookin on that blokes Ebay site above and found the map pocket and wiring loom so ill be ordering those tonight, and when they arrive i can put my deck in!

cant wait!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:58 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 50

Joined: 14th May 2007

Ride: 2001 AUII Fairmont Ghia

Location: Penrith
NSW, Australia

just watch out for the brackets, the screws holding them are very soft. good luck removing the h/u, i pulled mine out and broke it! of course, after breaking it, and messing some more with what stayed inside, i figured out how to take it off :S

 

_________________

www.myspace.com/beefcakebrent www.aufalcon.com/bundyrum
<a href="http://userbars.org"><img src="http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3813/bundyiq8.jpg" border="0"></a>
<a href="http://userbars.org"><img src="http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6822/sydneyfcfanhy9.png" border="0"></a>

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 137

Joined: 18th Jul 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Location: bomaderry N.S.W
NSW, Australia

UPDATE: i sold my EA with the single DIN deck i was goin to put in the new car, so i dont need the pocket now, but i have got the wiring plug. I also got myself a new deck a JVD double DIN jobbie looks awesome and bloody chaep to!

Image

another question though.

I goin to hook up my amp when i do the deack at the same time. Where in a AU can i run the power wire from the battery into the cabin?? is there a good route to put the power wire?? also wheere the best place for a 4 channel amp in a ute? is under the passangers seat ok?

ill post pics up of the whole thing, ive already put 6.5" splits in the doros and there easy as. and 6.5" 2 ways in the back and there even easiler!
cheers
matty
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU II Headunit and wiring q's plus AU2 ute install pics
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Posts: 104

Joined: 13th Feb 2005

Location: wodonga
VIC, Australia

do you want to sell your ford 6 stacker?
MATT J wrote:
Hey all,

Im up to the stage im going to put a single DIN h/u in my XR6, it has the premium 6 stacker in it im going to remove thats no worries, what id like to know is a couple of things:

- When i mount a single DIN unit it do the round edges of the stereo surround need trimming at all? or are they fine?

- Also where can u get black Single DIN map pockets, do i get a aftermarket one or just paint a grey AU one to match??

- Also was in supercheap the other day they have those wring kits to suit AU's but have those Werid connectors (ISO i think) on them. I was thinking of getting one and simply cutting those connectors off and using the loom to make the install easier...has anyone done this?

is anyone has pics or info to help me that would be tops, im not really keen to stuff it up

cheers
matty :)
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:15 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names