Fordmods Logo

audiobahn boot install 

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:16 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

yeh true it is very pricey, but ive just come into a fait bit of cash and i love car audio and this stuff looks amazing and has the performance to back it up. will do, once i get my sistas digital camera

Piss On Holden!!!!
EF Fairmont argon silver, ultralows,koni adjustables,pioneer stereo, 19 inch vault kaotiks,

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Wouldnt bother with 2x 3ways systems in the front doors or did u just mean 2 sets one per door.

I'd recommend well first wat do u want out of this car before u go crazy on spending tonnes on fabrication and more components etc..unless money is no object which i doubt :P

A full 3 way setup in the front doors/kick panels will not only sount mint but look trick.

So do u want this just for everyday listening... SPL competition, SQL competition... a mix ???

If its really only for daily driving with the odd show what sort of music do u listen to in the car the most.

What are you really wanting out of this ... realistically ? are you really chasing trophies, to be a feature car in a few mags, overseas shows and competition....just need to know what your aims and goals are before helping you with some choices n so on.

A proper budget will really help.

Also as far as the boot and fibreglass fabrication...if the car was gonna be a show or stealth (most components hidden...like a sleeper but in car audio terms) you'll notice some really insane SPL cars...there boots etc look like s**t cause they wanna tear out everything have as much box etc as possible regardless of the looks to match their gear ... power and cables everywhere along with deading even full on concrete

Let me know hey

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:21 am 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

yeh just one set per door and the other set in the back cos i wont need 6x9's and obviously still want speakers in the rear. well yeh id use it for a mix of probly everyday listerning and spl. i couldnt really norrow down wat music i listen to as i go from metallica- hilltop hoods-bit of r'n'b to teckno pretty much everything. realisticly i am defo chasing trophies yes, and i would love it to b good enough to get into a few magazines with this ger i have no doubt it will b good enough jsut gota work out how to make it look the goods with installation side of things. and it wouldnt be stealth i want to do a fairly stand out install somthng like u have with ur alpine gear, i wouldnt be pulling it out etc. ill work out a budget in the next few days and let u no as im not sure quite yet. cheers

Piss On Holden!!!!
EF Fairmont argon silver, ultralows,koni adjustables,pioneer stereo, 19 inch vault kaotiks,

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:18 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA FALCON

QLD, Australia

thats some nice gear! im jelous, haha. u'll have to post some pics when u get the install done. should do something neat and put the amps on clear perspex and make them kinda floating in the boot instead of the usual sinking them into the floor of the boot, cos they r tidy lookin, and bling! :lol:

CAM860 - White BA 05 Futura, GT bodykit, Cobra badges, BSA 18" mags, Altezza tail lights, Lower bumper forced pod induction

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

dumpdef wrote:
yeh just one set per door and the other set in the back cos i wont need 6x9's and obviously still want speakers in the rear. well yeh id use it for a mix of probly everyday listerning and spl. i couldnt really norrow down wat music i listen to as i go from metallica- hilltop hoods-bit of r'n'b to teckno pretty much everything. realisticly i am defo chasing trophies yes, and i would love it to b good enough to get into a few magazines with this ger i have no doubt it will b good enough jsut gota work out how to make it look the goods with installation side of things. and it wouldnt be stealth i want to do a fairly stand out install somthng like u have with ur alpine gear, i wouldnt be pulling it out etc. ill work out a budget in the next few days and let u no as im not sure quite yet. cheers

no probs mate will keep an eye on this topic for your update

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:04 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

yeh i was thinkin of some perspex in their cos i was thinkin along the same lines as that with the floating idea maye have them leveled sorta crossing over each other, i dont no, im just really keen to get to it all cant wait, the neighbourhood is gona love me!!:D:D

Piss On Holden!!!!

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

certainly seems that way and may i suggest, use glass instead of perspex, it costs a s**t less and is alot thinner then perspex needs to be, 12mm glass will handle the subs, where about 1" thick perspex wont :P

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Well if u can confirm how much you are actually able to spend and then we can work out how good u can really make this look....also did u wanna be able to access your spare still and also still be able to utilise the boot space.

Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:52 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
Well if u can confirm how much you are actually able to spend and then we can work out how good u can really make this look....also did u wanna be able to access your spare still and also still be able to utilise the boot space.
well ive done some figures n stuff and for the install i will have $4500-5000, na forget the spare wheel and not looking to utilize the boot space really looking for something stand out, show car appeal in the boot, something like urs but in a diff layout is wat im really after.

Piss On Holden!!!!

Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

dumpdef wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
well ive done some figures n stuff and for the install i will have $4500-5000, na forget the spare wheel and not looking to utilize the boot space really looking for something stand out, show car appeal in the boot, something like urs but in a diff layout is wat im really after.

Ok awesome something a little better to work with. Now the 4500-5000 is that also to cover cabling and batteries etc ?

And all up we have wa 3x 12" woofers, 3x mono amps ... (amp running speakers - just one i take it ?) 1x 12 farad cap.

This is it yeh ?

Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:54 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

na ill get the batteries seperate to the 4500-5000 so yeh cabling and install but not batteries.

Piss On Holden!!!!

Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

well say 1-1.3K on cables....leavin the rest that should be a wicked install

as far as design i might draw a few things up and see what ya think

Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:25 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

yeh that would be awesome mate if u could cheers

Piss On Holden!!!!

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

dumpdef wrote:
yeh that would be awesome mate if u could cheers

sorry dude u havent heard back from me yet...i still got a few layouts u might like just findin time to get em on paper, scan em and show ya...much easier then try to explain and then picture.....how soon were u wanting to get this done? or u have the money now ready to go ?

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

na thats cool man still trying to get the cash n s**t so itll b a lil bit but not like months and months cheers

Piss On Holden!!!!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next