audiobahn boot install 

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: audiobahn boot install
Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:58 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Just want to no wat some of u's think of this setup, i love it and its good gear so just seeing others opinions. ill b getting this stuff in about 2 weeks time and want some ideas of the boot install etc. also if there are some audio gurus ou their ill post the details of this gear so u can give me some tips idea etc
here the line up.
3 x 12" subs
3 x amplifiers
1 x 24 farad hybrid capacitor
let me know wat ya think and any ideas would b great.

Attachments:
immortal12s.jpg
immortal12s.jpg [ 20.18 KiB | Viewed 139 times ]
A18001DT.jpg
A18001DT.jpg [ 33.54 KiB | Viewed 139 times ]
ACAP651N.jpg
ACAP651N.jpg [ 8.22 KiB | Viewed 1191 times ]

Piss On Holden!!!!
EF Fairmont argon silver, ultralows,koni adjustables,pioneer stereo, 19 inch vault kaotiks,

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Yeh mate some specs on the gear would be good.....give a good idea for box sizes and so with sub output power for wiring and so on.

more than happy to help tho

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Post subject: specs for audiobahn stuff
Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:07 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

heres the ACAP651N
Digital hybrid amp style 12 farad capacitor bank w/distribution blocks
12 Farad Capacity
New Flame Amp Style Design
Two 1/0 Gauge Inputs
Eight 4 Gauge Outputs
Remote Turn-on Distribution
24 Volt Nominal - 28 Volt Surge
Auto on / off Blue L.E.D. Four-Digit Readout
Electronic Polarity Protection Circuit
Overvoltage Protection Circuit
Soft on / off Circuit
Aluminum Heat Sink with Chrome Plated Cover
Wooden Gift Box
Dimensions: 9 1/4â€￾(W) x 3 1/2â€￾(H) x 9 3/4â€￾ (D)

Attachments:
immortalSpecs.gif
immortalSpecs.gif [ 10.28 KiB | Viewed 1171 times ]
ClassDSpecs.gif
ClassDSpecs.gif [ 12.35 KiB | Viewed 1166 times ]

Piss On Holden!!!!
EF Fairmont argon silver, ultralows,koni adjustables,pioneer stereo, 19 inch vault kaotiks,

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Thats some serious gear....u wanting to compete in SPL competition ?

What sorta setup have u got for your front stage ?

So was it a 12 or 24 farad cap not that it will make much difference - youve got 12 in the specs but 24 in ya first post.

The cap youve got will assist but you wouldnt get the potential out of it you may have thought.... 25 farad cap is good for a 2-2500w system.

You have 3600w minimum with those 3 amps running at the sub rated 2ohms. And to get the most out of those quad coils youd wanna wire them to get down to 1ohm load and then thats around 5400w but yeh.

Wiring aint gonna be cheap and id be going at least 2 batteries...Recommend D34 Optima Yellow Top round the $350 mark each

Wat else were u hoping to find out

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Post subject: audiobahn
Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:40 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

yeh sorry its 12 farad, wat would u suggest for the cap then, well atm my front stage is 6 inch 2 way splits pioneer yellow cone comp series and the 6x 9n's that go with them all run of a 4 channel pioneer amp, but once i have this boot install done im upgrading to 2 sets of audiobahn 3 way splits, including 6 inch 4 inch and tweeter they are 320 rms, then obviously getting a high powerd 4 ch audiobahn amp to run them but ill need them with the subs etc, yeh i am keen on going into competions just need some help with it all as i am only new to this whole idea, u would have a ruff idea of wiring costs at all, nething u think i should no mate just throw info at me haha its all very usefull....id defo want to run them 1 ohm load get the full potential outa them ortherwise id get cheaper stuff. next thing ill have to supercharge the 4l to make up for all the weight of this stuff

Piss On Holden!!!!

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

why does everyone insist on going 6x9's? get some 6.5" two way rears for fill and that way the new speakers will just drop in to the spacers and you wont have s**t sound in the mean time

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

Blu Falc wrote:
why does everyone insist on going 6x9's? get some 6.5" two way rears for fill and that way the new speakers will just drop in to the spacers and you wont have s**t sound in the mean time
yeh i go tthe stuff in a pack for cheap and it came with the 6x 9's couldnt pass it up at the price considering the price these speakers retail for in autobarn when i got them. so thats why when i get my audiobahn stff im going to get 2 sets of the 3 way splits, but yeh i do agree with u

Piss On Holden!!!!

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

fair enough if you got it in the pack, i figured you were opting for them in favour of 6" or 6.5" when you were running 3 subs, crazy.

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:55 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

na no way no need these subs with b rattling things for fu$%ing miles. cant wait!!:D

Piss On Holden!!!!

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

dumpdef wrote:
na no way no need these subs with b rattling things for fu$%ing miles. cant wait!!:D

Bloody oathe it will :lol: but yeh Blu Falc dunno bout everybody but im with 6x9s suck straight n simple UNLESS your on the cheap and cant really afford to get even a 10" sub in ya boot. Then u can use 6x9s but only as a temporary bandaid fix.

Post subject: Re: audiobahn
Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

dumpdef wrote:
yeh sorry its 12 farad, wat would u suggest for the cap then, well atm my front stage is 6 inch 2 way splits pioneer yellow cone comp series and the 6x 9n's that go with them all run of a 4 channel pioneer amp, but once i have this boot install done im upgrading to 2 sets of audiobahn 3 way splits, including 6 inch 4 inch and tweeter they are 320 rms, then obviously getting a high powerd 4 ch audiobahn amp to run them but ill need them with the subs etc, yeh i am keen on going into competions just need some help with it all as i am only new to this whole idea, u would have a ruff idea of wiring costs at all, nething u think i should no mate just throw info at me haha its all very usefull....id defo want to run them 1 ohm load get the full potential outa them ortherwise id get cheaper stuff. next thing ill have to supercharge the 4l to make up for all the weight of this stuff

Dont worry bout changin the cap for now it will be fine trust me.... but make use of the 8x 4guage outs thats for sure.

So youd wanna get at least one other batter say a D34 ($350ish)...so youd have Alternator etc to engine bay battery > to boot relay (round $250 for a good stinger one) > one terminal on the relay to boot battery and the other to the Fuse block i paid i dunno $200 for a 0 guage capable distribution block that housed 2x 200amp fuses.... > cap > from cap to amps.

8 guage cable or watever u got there from the front of the car is fine to the relay but from the D34 use 0 guage cable to relay > 0 guage to fuse block (unless u go down the circuit breaker path what im currently doing...aint cheap tho) > 0 guage from fuse block to cap the 4 guage to amps (REMEMBER TO TRY N KEEP THE POWER CABLE FROM REAR BATT TO SUB AMPS AS SHORT AS POSSIBLE - And the EARTHS MUST be at least the same length and definently not longer than the power cables.) All earth points need to be as filed back and flat as possible to provide the best contact. Earth mounting points/blocks can be real good for this.

0 guage cable your lookin round $30+ a meter for good stuff...but if its all close and boot mounted then you wont need mch 0 guage even tho it sounds like a lot. Just comes down to how youd like ya boot layed out too.

RCAs will be easy again for this dont go to cheap try n get good ones....from stinger or rockford fosgate....buy a few RCA Y splitters so you have the 3 monos daisy chanied and a single run up to the HU sub pre-out (take it ya HU has 3 pre-outs)

I leave it there for now and see wat ya think

Post subject: .
Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:48 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

bigkev wat do u think of the front stage im looking at, the 2 sets of 3 way splits, being 320 rms they will crank i reckon obviously run off a good amp do u, wat would u recommend a single 4 channel or 2, 2 channels??

Piss On Holden!!!!

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:59 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

F$%k im looking at a fair bit for the install then, i was hoping for about 2500, but i take it from this its gona be waaayy over that, as i dont want it on crappy carpet boxes sitting all over the place, wanting fibreglass and spome custom fabrication. ball park figure wat costs do u think i should leave 4 this install.$$5000-6000....im hoping less but in the end i want it done right the 1st time.

Piss On Holden!!!!

Post subject: Re: .
Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

dumpdef wrote:
bigkev wat do u think of the front stage im looking at, the 2 sets of 3 way splits, being 320 rms they will crank i reckon obviously run off a good amp do u, wat would u recommend a single 4 channel or 2, 2 channels??

be interesting to see how you fit 2 sets of three way splits in your doors, im not suggesting you cant do it, but it would be quite a feat, especialy with boxing the woofers and sound deadening the doors enough

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:05 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

nice. i like the audiobahn gear but they are overpriced. bought my 4 channel amp with them for 380 i think and its running very well with my boost controller. love it. it was worth it in the end but still was expensive.

have fun with the install. put up some pics of ur set up when its done.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next