Fordmods Logo

AUII - Creation #2 pics added 6/5/05 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 93 ED Falcon, AUII Falcon

QLD, Australia

hey guys, first to answer a few questions....

before i put the fibreglass on i just covered the area with masking tape, to prtect the cars suface so i doesnt get resin and s**t al over it, but the sub boxes are made from layers of resin, fg matting, core mat, fg matting, and lastly resin again

as for fixing the base down, all the flooring is fixed to one major support beam (basically a chuck of pine exactly the same as those in ur house roofing trusses), and that is fixed to the wheel arches by the use of metal brackets u can find at bunnings in the builders hardware section (tere should be an area in the isle full of a load of red boxes filled with different shaped brackets....)

as for being legal, so far i cant see a prob with it, cos everthing is still accessible cos everything moves to get to andthing it may be covering...ie, the floor is hinged and held up by struts to get the tyre out, all the side panelling will be clipped into place to make brakelight bulb changing nice and easy etc...

anyway...heres some more pics for u to keeps tabs on...

good old floor framing with the new floor locking mech and support strut getting a test to make sure they work as planned....and they do... :)

boot lid resined up and ready for fg'ing

boot resined up and also ready for fg'ing

It came to me the other day that cigarette packets have warnings stating that it is dangerous and addictive, yet there is nothing on car audio boxes.....its addictive and costing me s**t !

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:03 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

and say hello to fibreglass,

forgot to put this one in eariler...

It came to me the other day that cigarette packets have warnings stating that it is dangerous and addictive, yet there is nothing on car audio boxes.....its addictive and costing me s**t !

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:13 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

well.....all the fg has been trimmed up to size.....so happy i wore long pants and a jacket at the time......hardly itched at all...

anyway..so i didnt also hae to sand the s**t to get it ready for painting, on goes the car filler (so it can get sanded instead)....

only sideaffect, looks like i just drove thru a snow storm....and so did the outside of the car until i washed it......HAHA

im still a little way from the surface being ready for painting, but u guys get the idea....

so, unlike my first few posts, this is actually where i really am up to in building this thing. will be back at on monday, :)

anyway..for now.....laters, SQRL

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

Bangers wrote:
I got a legalities question for ya.

When I get back to Australia I'm looking to do something similar, but how does the police, Road worthy and spare tyre fit together when you've created a fake floor covering it?

For road worthy, you need the spare tyre in the boot, but what if you physically can't easily access it?

Install looks good though :)

a car does not need to have a spare tyre, although if there is one present it must be secured accordingly as to not cause further damage in the event of an crash.

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:24 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Lincoln Navigator

Oustide Australia

I know it's been a while - so does anyone know what happened to this install?

It was looking so sweet - I'm sure we all wanted to see the rest?

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

I reckon, i LOVE the idea of using struts and that on the false floor, rather than have it in the way while trying to access the tyre! That and the boot catch to secure it down. very nice indeed. But yeah, final pictures would be great!

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Looks cool all the audio stuff, but damn, get rid of those lids headlight covers, look s**t on all AU Falcons.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

hey guys, yeah, i knows its been about 2 months now since my last update of pics, reason being is i managed to get myself a 2nd job in the car audio industry (finally doing what i wanted), but as for now, im still at my other job therefor only get 1 day of a week so havent had time to do the car.....oh well.....but i will keep it going, hopefully soon again, so just keep an eye out, but ofcourse ill let ya all know

as for getting rid of the headlight protectors, i dont think so, i know not everyone likes the look of em but id rather them on it that losing a headlight from a stone, already lost 2 others :(

laters guys

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Mondeo XR5T

Power: 173 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Doing a great job so far SQRL! Good photo's.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:12 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EBII T5

VIC, Australia

Looking like a great job! would love to do something like that on mine, but im afraid i lack the skills you have! Hope to see more of this install soon, it is definately pushing me to think harder about getting a quality install

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2