Fordmods Logo

Australian SPL record holder.... 

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Australian SPL record holder....
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Just thought I'd post this for those interested....

Sound Team Smoked created history, registering 164.8db to set a new Australian record in Super Street 3-4, and also the loudest ever score in this country. The car to do this is a 1982 Toyota Corona Wagon weighing 2.8 tonne (800kgs without audio gear) and comprising of 12 sheets of 25mm MDF, a 6" baffle, fibreglass and concrete. Audio wise the gear to achieve this score is 4 x 15" DD9915's (Dual .5 ohm woofers), 8 x Epsilon 5000d amplifiers @ .5ohm, 20 x 8v US batteries wired to 16v+, making for a total of 48,000 watts RMS @ 16v. The box design is a massive 40 cubic feet in size and is tuned to 40hz with a peak note of 54hz. Congratulations to Sound Team Smoked

Attachments:
18.jpg
18.jpg [ 55.08 KiB | Viewed 254 times ]

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Hahaha Hectic uleh!

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '98 EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

damn. All this stuff wishes I had my licence so I could get a new car and my new system...

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

MooseMan wrote:
damn. All this stuff wishes I had my licence so I could get a new car and my new system...

hehe mate wed all like systems like this...maybe not to that extent of mixing concrete and equipment to add 2 tonne to your vehicles weight :P ... but not all of us have that sorta cash lol ...the 20 batts alone would have cost around 4.5-5K.....cabling would have been 2-3K...not too mention the amps, subs, concrete, dampenning and soundproofing, rails and bus bars, terminals, distribution, fuses/fuseblocks, breakers,steel fabrication, fibreglass fabrication....goes on and on :P would have cost a fortune but hey to have no1 down under :) is a massive achievement

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:18 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

thats crazy, nice sert up, man how much time and money spent, guess its a labour of love

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
hehe mate wed all like systems like this...

Sorry but I disagree, what would I want something like that for? I'd never even listen to the music at a fraction of that sort of volume, when I'm old I would like to still have my hearing.
But there's always going to be people who go extreme just because tehy can...

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:42 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Big Kev wrote:

Sorry but I disagree, what would I want something like that for? I'd never even listen to the music at a fraction of that sort of volume, when I'm old I would like to still have my hearing.

yeah what he said

if your going to own a car....the most you want is a system you can actually listen to practically....not a 167dB system that would blow your ear drums on the first wave......bettter to have an SQ system that focuses on clarity.

remember though this car is made for COMPETITIONS not a daily driver.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XR6

NSW, Australia

So that knocked Doran audio of top spot right?
i wanna see what they do to try and get it back

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

phongus wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
Big Kev wrote:

yeah what he said

if your going to own a car....the most you want is a system you can actually listen to practically....not a 167dB system that would blow your ear drums on the first wave......bettter to have an SQ system that focuses on clarity.

remember though this car is made for COMPETITIONS not a daily driver.

Yeh but I wasnt referring to having it as a daily driver...ive spent s**t loads on my system and sure its deafening but its still an SQL setup that was designed for the everyday listener with a few comps thrown in.....for me id love a setup like that...but in a non-street car..purely to get trophy and magazine appearnaces :)....like an awesome strip car...you cant have that and keep it on the road.

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

haha they dont really care how ugly it looks do they lol as long as it gets the job done, and it does... outa curiosity, how many DB would 2 10" subs produce? just so I can compare

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:03 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 6.0L VE Calais-V

VIC, Australia

You can't compare... There is so many variables that effect it like car size, subs used, box design, box location, power used, etc. You need to hear a system that has been measured to get an idea.

That number was done with a single frequency tone, you wouldn't get that loud with music.

Everyday systems could be anywhere from 110dB up to 140dB. The top end would be with a fair bit of power and good subs. A 30dB range is a massive difference though.

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Stone wrote:
You can't compare... There is so many variables that effect it like car size, subs used, box design, box location, power used, etc. You need to hear a system that has been measured to get an idea.

That number was done with a single frequency tone, you wouldn't get that loud with music.

Everyday systems could be anywhere from 110dB up to 140dB. The top end would be with a fair bit of power and good subs. A 30dB range is a massive difference though.

Spot on dude....and that 30db is a massive diff....140db is 10 times the acoustic energy produced by the 110db system and to your ear is 3 times louder.....

Rember alot of 10" subs will still produce the same power as its 12 and 15" models...but due to te surface are of the cone and other variables are tuned to be more effective at lower frequncies....so in SPL competition 10"s wont get you far enough to take podium places to be realistic.

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

eb_guy888 wrote:
haha they dont really care how ugly it looks do they lol as long as it gets the job done, and it does... outa curiosity, how many DB would 2 10" subs produce? just so I can compare

and another note on that....Concorde on the forum (ACT member) has 3x Lanzer 10" woofers - nothing flash and scored 129. something db at the summernats spl comp

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6

QLD, Australia

Many many moons ago I managed 129dB with 2 Kicker Freeair 10's running (running freeair) off a Rf Punch 40dsm @ 2ohms mono.......

Do it once, Do it right!!!!!!

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:04 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

outlawxr6 wrote:
Many many moons ago I managed 129dB with 2 Kicker Freeair 10's running (running freeair) off a Rf Punch 40dsm @ 2ohms mono.......

free air is best for SPL i reckon...and ported boxes.....free air + ported boxes = WINNAH

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next