BA Falcon stacker jammed. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: BA Falcon stacker jammed.
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:40 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon BA SR MKII

SA, Australia

Hi,
I have had some jammed cd's in my stacker.
I removed the unit and I managed to remove the cd's.
When it came time to put everything back together again, I have gotten stuck with a small ribbon cable.
There are 2 larger ribbon cables and you can obvious see where they go but there is nowhere for the smaller one.
Just wondering if anyone may know where the small cable goes.
Thank you.

Post subject: Re: BA Falcon stacker jammed.
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: BA Fairmont Giah v8+more

NSW, Australia

ok, out of the back of the display unit youhave one large green plug out of the LHS with two yellow trace wires about 15 blue one red and one purple, which goes to the top of the stacker unit wich plug is also green, two sets of wires out of each side of the control panel into the display unit,one little plug with green blue and red all with yellow trace and one grey goes from the small but long unit wich mounts ontop of the vents to the body control module at the bottom unit this plug goes to plug number j4 on the bcm there are also 4 other plugs that plug into the bottom of the bcm so check that you have five pluged in DO NOT TURN UPSIDE DOWN will ruin lcd screen how did you go about getting the cds out? also ipressume that you pulled the whole icc unit out that holds the stereo heater controls and vents all in one piece? if so there is one big large white plug at the rear of the unit with is female the male plug is fixed in the dash be carful when reinstaling the unit as the clips can brake easily

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:19 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon BA SR MKII

SA, Australia

Thanks for responding.
The cable I am talking about is hidden.
It sits under the cover the aerial plugs in to.
As for removal of the unit, I removed the whole unit and then the cd stacker so I didn't have to turn the screen upside down.
The cd's were quite easy to remove.
I did have to break 2 as they were stuck in the same slot.

It is just this small ribbon cable that has me stumped.
The 2 larger ones are easy but unless the small one sits with one of the larger ones, I have no idea as there is no where for it.

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I've think I've got the same problem of two disks in the one slot. I suspect SOMEBODY shoved a disk in without going through the proper load process patiently.

I removed the stacker and could get out three disks, but the two that are a problem are in slot 2, are below the motor arm, so I can't figure out how to remove them. Any hints? The ones I remover I was able to push from the back out the normal loading slot, but these ones below the motor arm can't get over the motor arm to get out the slot, and I can't get them out the back of the stacker either because they are so low in the stacker. I can't even figure out how the motor arm can move so that these lower disks ever get above it. Very frustrating to see the disks that are the problem, and be able to hold them between your fingers, but not be able to get them out!!!!

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:44 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

http://www.aslautomedia.com.au

Repair and warranty agents for Ford ICC's.

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:27 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Finally got the extra CD out of my stacker. It was simple enough to do, but it took me a lot of goes to work out how the thing works. I took lots of photos and some video so hopefully the process is simpler for anyone else doing it. I took a photo of the smaller ribbon you wanted to see, however only the obvious end so it might not help you out at all...

I'm not sure how to post photos/video here, but will give it a go in a separate post.

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:40 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

I can't work out how to load the pictures and video, they are too large for the forum.... So here is a link to where I could....

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread ... ost3685304

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]