BA Premo Amp Pinout? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: BA Premo Amp Pinout?
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED GLi Classic

VIC, Australia

Hey guys,

A friend of mine is wanting to install his subs and headunit into his BA. What we're wondering is if we can keep it stock looking and leave the stock amp in the car, but wire RCA connectors onto the headunit end and use it with the aftermarket headunit.

Is this possible? And if so, which wires do we need to solder connectors onto?

RIP Chelsea
96 EF2 Gli - T5 / Exedy / Wade 977b / P+P / JMM Extractors, 2.5" / Port matched BBM / and more
bmICE

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:33 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

I haven't heard of any RCA inputs for the Prestige or Premium ICC. I don't think you can access the power amp within the unit without a lot of buggerising about. Then why would you want to for 17W RMS per channel!

You can get auxilary inputs for the BA where you can connect an Ipod or similar unit. There are two type availble from Ford, the straight cable and one with a booster unit. You should use the one with the booster unit as it eliminates most noise.

Occationally you find these aux units on ebay. Do a seach for this article number (260126130815) on ebay and you should find a description.

However, that won't help you, the unit wouldn't be sensitive enough to connect to RCA outputs from another head unit.

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED GLi Classic

VIC, Australia

pellajl wrote:
I haven't heard of any RCA inputs for the Prestige or Premium ICC. I don't think you can access the power amp within the unit without a lot of buggerising about. Then why would you want to for 17W RMS per channel!

You can get auxilary inputs for the BA where you can connect an Ipod or similar unit. There are two type availble from Ford, the straight cable and one with a booster unit. You should use the one with the booster unit as it eliminates most noise.

Occationally you find these aux units on ebay. Do a seach for this article number (260126130815) on ebay and you should find a description.

However, that won't help you, the unit wouldn't be sensitive enough to connect to RCA outputs from another head unit.

We're not after inputs, we want to output signal from the aftermarket headunit to the factory amp.

RIP Chelsea
96 EF2 Gli - T5 / Exedy / Wade 977b / P+P / JMM Extractors, 2.5" / Port matched BBM / and more
bmICE

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:58 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

im pretty sure the amp is located in the front passenger door, so just check the inputs there? i would use a aftermarket amp an just use rca converters if ur goin to go to the trouble of it

Soon to be the finest Sounding BA Ute

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:47 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA Predator

QLD, Australia

Atz88 wrote:
im pretty sure the amp is located in the front passenger door, so just check the inputs there? i would use a aftermarket amp an just use rca converters if ur goin to go to the trouble of it

huh? the ba factory amp is in the boot...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]