Fordmods Logo

ba xt classy modification ideas?? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: ba xt classy modification ideas??
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:34 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 2002 ba xt

ACT, Australia

hey guys, i am fairly new to cars and to this website but i have always been interested in cars. I have recently got a 2002 ford falcon ba xt for my first car and want to make some classy modifications to it. IT already has a new exhaust system and the stock cd player has been upgraded but i just want subs and ams and stuff without compromising boot space and body kit/ spoiler would be nice. I would just like some ideas on what to get, what brand is cheapest with quality and where do i begin. so if you guys could let me know. thanks guys please help me out. check out my gallery to see the car.

Post subject: Re: ba xt classy modification ideas??
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

8" sub in the factory location with amp behind back seat,there are some really good 8" subs out there if space is that important,or else a sealed box will take up less room than a ported box if you want a 10 or 12" sub. Lower it,lowering gives everything instant good looks. could look into an xr front conversion and body kit,as these can be relatively cheap.

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:04 pm 
Oompa Loompa

ACT, Australia

thanks man i will definetly look into that

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:22 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Fairmont Ghia BA 5.4L V8, AU 6

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Could wack a Fairmont chrome front grill on it, some foggies off a ghia. Chrome bits on the top and bottom of the number plate. Also could get the bootlining from a fairmont, might be worth painting the black strips on the side of the car the same colour as the car and the mirrors too. lower it and if you have spare cash, whack some nice wheels on it. That should make it look alot better and not cost an arm and a leg.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder. My work here is finally done.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4L. Mods -Full Exhaust, Chipped, Custom Intake, CAI @205.4RWKW.
Stezza - Alpine Type R Splits & 6x9's, Alpine 400w RMS 4ch, 380w RMS Pioneer Mono, 2x12" Pioneer Subs and an AVH-P5950DVD Player.

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:29 am 
Oompa Loompa

ACT, Australia

chrome i think was going to be the next step. will the fairmont and ghia parts fit? i was thinking chrome side mirrors and chrome 20's and lower it. then get an interior upgrade. with dvd players

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:42 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Fairmont Ghia BA 5.4L V8, AU 6

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Yep, the fairmont grills are the same, just chrome so they will fit :). The chrome side mirrors would look good too, i think you can get covers from ebay. 20's would look real nice but the rims you have look fairly decent!!! I always liked the later model fairlane interior that's piano black.

Attachments:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 85.03 KiB | Viewed 437 times ]

Chaos, Panic and Disorder. My work here is finally done.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4L. Mods -Full Exhaust, Chipped, Custom Intake, CAI @205.4RWKW.
Stezza - Alpine Type R Splits & 6x9's, Alpine 400w RMS 4ch, 380w RMS Pioneer Mono, 2x12" Pioneer Subs and an AVH-P5950DVD Player.

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 Ford Fairlane

VIC, Australia

as far as body kits go, the cheapest one i know of thats good quality is www.carmate.com
or there is
ssv.com.au
awcinfo.com

1993 NCII Fairlane
Mods to come:
V8 - SLs - exhaust - DC LTD leather - LTD grill and garnish - LTD wood grain - body colour trim - wheels - tinted windows

1991 NCI Fairlane
Mods to come:
4.0L - lows - exhaust - NCII seats - NCII door trims - LTD grill - body colour trim - wheels - window tint

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:38 pm 
Oompa Loompa

ACT, Australia

yeah Fairmont_03_5.4 i had a look there they had some awesome chrome mirrors cheap and that interior is classy and snazzy. i think the rims that came with the car are good but they don't really show how nice this car really is. I had a good look through some of the adds on this site and on all the actual rim company sites and i have found some cheap ones that i reckon will look great so i will invest in a set of those and it has already been lowered so i think i will just chrome up the trim and get a new stereo with sub and amp and touch screen dvd that still runs through the controls on the steering wheel along with leather seats if i can. any more sugguetions? and i don't really need to think about sell value because i will probs give it to my sister when she turns 17 =D

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

ACT, Australia

oh and i will get the custom head lights abnd tail lights to get that slicker look

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:47 pm 
Oompa Loompa

ACT, Australia

does anyone know if headlamps from an xr6 ba will fit a xt ba if i had an apropriate front bumper?

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yes they will,with an xr front bumper

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

it's got me pharked why people want to put xr front ends on non xr falcons.... go and buy a commodore and be done with it you toss-pot, either that or buy an xr....

theres more b series xr's on the road than xt's these days, it's coz they were schitt, they dropped tickford then put a stock falcon engine in the xr, thats when they lost me. late model xr's are still just taxis unless they have snails hanging off the side of them, i believe the lsd was still optional! lol

you can get xt typhoon/gt/watever kits u want that use the standard lights and afaic they look like you've put in a little more effort than just buying an xr for little more than an xt..... at one point i remember xr's were almost the same price as xt's because no one wanted to buy one with a taxi motor and half tarted up interior just to get level pegged by an xt.

That, and if you want classy, the xr is in the wrong direction anyway, you want fairmont/fairlane ghia mods for classy. Even though they don't even put the xr hardware in them anymore......

I dropped xr suspension under my fairmont and to be honest i think i wouldve been better off with a set of king springs.... theres nothing fancy about it, arguably less roll...

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:20 pm 
Oompa Loompa

ACT, Australia

btw you just called a 16 year old a toss knob. but i do think you are right i am not going to put on xr kit i am going to chrome up the trim and get fairmont parts and custom stuff. but seriously this is a ford site if you want a holden f**k off. they might have taxi engines but who gives a s**t must be a good taxi. POrsche used a vw combi van in the 928 and it was a successful car so piss off with your stupid comments mate. don't mind you commenting on what i asked like everyone else otherwise shut it

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

so you still agree ?

vw.... porchse.... they're all the same....

all i was saying if you want your falcon to look like something it isn't then go and join the wayne kerrs with the vn commodores with vs clubsport bodykits etc.....

don't be the sheep be different. or at least stick to what you want...

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 Ford Fairlane

VIC, Australia

low_ryda wrote:
so you still agree ?

vw.... porchse.... they're all the same....

all i was saying if you want your falcon to look like something it isn't then go and join the wayne kerrs with the vn commodores with vs clubsport bodykits etc.....

don't be the sheep be different. or at least stick to what you want...

thats a pretty narrowminded view...
just because you dont like it doesnt automatically mean everyone who does is a toss knob...
the part that doesnt make sense is the "stick to what you want" bit, what if he did want an XR kit? then would you be saying "good on you for sticking to what you want", or "your a tossknob, thats not an XR6 at all"
does that mean that every e series with a sprint lip or SVO spoiler is a lie and automatically s**t aswell?

1993 NCII Fairlane
Mods to come:
V8 - SLs - exhaust - DC LTD leather - LTD grill and garnish - LTD wood grain - body colour trim - wheels - tinted windows

1991 NCI Fairlane
Mods to come:
4.0L - lows - exhaust - NCII seats - NCII door trims - LTD grill - body colour trim - wheels - window tint

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next