Fordmods Logo

bang for buck audio install ($2000 budget) 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: bang for buck audio install ($2000 budget)
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:25 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

2g and you have an amp thats a good start.

is the amp 1 ohm stable?

is the car on gas?

lil jhon and that is that what you mostly listen too?

if so the BIGGEST MISTAKE most people make is to buy a "pre fab" box, custom make a box that suits the car and the music you want. yo will get more from the sub that way and it with sound 10000% better. PWK designs did mine well worth the $50

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Thats a good deal at $50. Ive gone the parcel shelf factory 8" hole option and wished I didnt. So many more options boxing a sub, but I needed the space for the kids crap/ shopping. One bit of advise though is the back of the back seat in a sedan can absorb a decent amount of sound.

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:13 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

79raven wrote:
Thats a good deal at $50. Ive gone the parcel shelf factory 8" hole option and wished I didnt. So many more options boxing a sub, but I needed the space for the kids crap/ shopping. One bit of advise though is the back of the back seat in a sedan can absorb a decent amount of sound.

Build a box under the parcel shelf. Shallow box with tuned narrow port could help improve the bass.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

phongus wrote:
79raven wrote:

Build a box under the parcel shelf. Shallow box with tuned narrow port could help improve the bass.

I was thinking about that. I was also thinking about running the JBL's and the sub together in a shallow box, but I dont know yet. I cant expect the same sound in a car as what you get in a controlled environment (such as a home speaker box) without spending alot of time doing algorithms and modifying/ deadening.
As it is its still a nice sound for a family car and produces more sound than what the cabin can handle ( without adding more weight in deadener). It's in need of the underside of the shelf deadened and then the boots complete.
I just wish I didnt need the space. I have 2 X 400w 8ohm 12" studio woofers in the shed that would sound awesome in my boot. Damn kids.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2