Fordmods Logo

Best places for a custom install - Perth 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: AU Fairmont

WA, Australia

Cheers, I certainly will! I'm thinking something a little different to the top two pics... you'll soon see!

Don't wanna build up too much excitement though, I've certainly got nothing on some of the other installs around here :P

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:36 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

So I was bored tonight and did up a couple of drawings, thought I'd see what everyone thought (please excuse the crappy pictures!!)

One simple idea would be to just sit two subs in front of the gas tank. I was thinking about doing some taller boxes with not so much depth to them, kind of like I've seen behind the front seats in a few utes. That way I'd save a bit more floor space. The amps would be mounted on panels on the walls of the boot:

Another idea I was considering would be to try and mount the subs on panels on the side walls of the boot, using the space between the side of the car and my panel as an enclosure. Potential problems with this are: 1) the space may not be deep enough and 2) it wouldn't be sealed as well as a proper enclosure. It would, however, save a lot of space:

Any thoughts/suggestions??? I don't need competition-standard sound quality, just after some bang for my buck :D

Obviously no matter what idea I go with space is going to be a big issue and I would prefer to go with 12"s if I could. I was looking about on the Pioneer website and came across their 'shallow type' 12" subs (http://www.pioneer.com.au/products/car_ ... index.html - the model no is the TS-SW124D). Has anyone tried these out yet and if so what did you think of the performance?

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

As far as bang for buck going a custom enclosure setup can b costly so take that into consideration unless your planning on a DYI MDF, carpeted setup or similiar etc.

As to subs/facing/position etc....for yourpurpose either of the setups will work how ever arent going resemble your pics (nice work too very creative :P) .... in both cases you will find alot more of the boot space will be consumed. In the first image due to espescially having the tank the sub boxes will come out to almost half the floor and same with the second pic......they will protrude quite alot.....however if you were to remove the boot carpet or modify it and build/have fabricated a fibreglass enclosure it would allow for more panel space to be used and allow the subs to sit further back.

See how u go or post if u have any further queries

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:03 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Cheers Kev, yeah I am going to give it a go myself (with the help of my old man). We're going to rip out all the boot carpet/lining next week and start planning.

You're 100% right about the boot space - my drawing was not very accurate :P If I go with the first (boxes) idea then I'm going to make them removable so I can still access the spare etc. The second idea might not be viable if the sub on the right protrudes too far and blocks the spare wheel well - hence why I'm interested in the shallow type subs, they'd save me a lot of space!

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

98fairmont wrote:
Cheers Kev, yeah I am going to give it a go myself (with the help of my old man). We're going to rip out all the boot carpet/lining next week and start planning.

You're 100% right about the boot space - my drawing was not very accurate :P If I go with the first (boxes) idea then I'm going to make them removable so I can still access the spare etc. The second idea might not be viable if the sub on the right protrudes too far and blocks the spare wheel well - hence why I'm interested in the shallow type subs, they'd save me a lot of space!

Yes shallow subs will allow for an easier fit however "some" models regardless of whether they are slim still require the same size enclosure....and yeh removable is a good idea.....with ya second idea most ppl doing this particular setup choose to have the one or 2 woofers on the left side and amps on the right hand side wall to allow easy access to the spare thru a false floor or cut out panel on a hinge. Since wanting to still have access to the spare I would recommend a setup more along those lines...see in the first post the silver AU should have mirrored there install and had the amps on the otherside....just makes it less hassle to lift the spare out without the worry of rubbing, marking, knocking your gear.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Post subject: yo
Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: El Fairmont and Ka

WA, Australia

Alberts hi-fi in cannington are good, im getting mine done there as i konw the guys that work there as my dad used to worked there as the tech. They moved from vic park.

EVLMONT

Ridin Dirty*

Urban Assult Vehicle

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2