Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Best places for a custom install - Perth
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: AU Fairmont

WA, Australia

Hey guys and girls,

So now that I've finished exams and have actually had a bit of time to have a good think about my boot install I'm thinking about opting for a professional install rather than a DIY... main reasons being I like things done properly the first time and I really don't think my woodworking skills are going to be up to the job.

Anyway I was just wondering who's had good/bad experiences with what installers around Perth. I don't want anything to put in competitions, just something neat and practical from somewhere that will charge a reasonable price and not bullsh*t me :wink:

Bearing in mind I now have the LPG tank to deal with I am looking for something like these guys have. I'd like 2 subs (10's or 12's, haven't decided) and access to my spare tyre. What do you reckon?

As always, thanks in advance for your suggestions :D

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '98 EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Yeh I would like to know aswell about some installs with a gas tank because it really gets in the way.

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XE 351 & BA XT FALCON

WA, Australia

Alberts hi-fi in cannington

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: WRX

Power: 132 rwkw

VIC, Australia

What the Fu-Hizzle.

Wtf is that AU install.

Thats an odd set up, to me anyways.

The top one would cause noise cancellation would it not?

Car Killer.

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

byrneing wrote:
The top one would cause noise cancellation would it not?

To be honest I don't know enough to give you an answer on that one!

The bottom one would be my preferred option just because I'd save the most space, but I wasn't sure how the sound would be without the subs in a box as such :?: :?:

Whoever said Alberts in Cannington, they sold me my alarm and I was v. impressed, so will give them a go for sure.

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Modified EA-S Falcon

Power: 142 rwkw

NSW, Australia

i know its not what your after but honestly do it yourself, it ain't that hard to make up some cardboard templates>trace onto mdf>cut mdf> trim to suit> mount. and within all that place subs/box in desired location, plus amps and wiring. Honestly the best place is your own shed, and you get the benifit of saying hey i did it myself. heaps of members are sporting nice DIY jobs now and most of us will lend a hand/info if you ask nicely. Its not that hard champ, and using good carpet for your trim means your sanding isn't required, more just a straight cut which aint hard to do

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I'd advise you to do it yourself too. Theres so much more satisfaction doing it yourself, you will actually learn how your particular install so if anything stops working, you'll be able to work it out quickly.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Both good suggestions... and I guess I would have more money to spend on equipment that way! I've still got a few weeks to make up my mind as I don't think I'll have the $$$ til after Christmas :?

How difficult do you think it would be to rig up something like the second pic? Looks like he has used fibreglass on the right-hand side... is it easy enough to DIY with fibreglass?

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

2nd photo would be a better install choice...but mount sub enclosure on the opposite side..sure he can get to the spare wheel but it would be less hassle if the amps were on that side....and yes to some degree cancellation would most likely occur having the subs aimed like that....wouldnt be too bad but.....better would have been corner fibreglass enclosures with them firing angled up ward at the cabin/inverted like how ive got 2 of mine.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:04 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EA Falcon

WA, Australia

i work in the industrial tool sales field. And i deal with a company called Audio Art Technology. (i think) they design and install custom sound systems. i will post the companies contact details asap.

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:23 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Cheers for that, would be worth a call...

However a few posters will be pleased to hear I am going to give it a go myself... at least unless and until disaster strikes! :)

I have a simple design in mind, I'm going to do up a bit of a drawing in paint and will post it and see what you guys think.

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

98fairmont wrote:
Cheers for that, would be worth a call...

However a few posters will be pleased to hear I am going to give it a go myself... at least unless and until disaster strikes! :)

I have a simple design in mind, I'm going to do up a bit of a drawing in paint and will post it and see what you guys think.

good on ya mate have a crack ya self and you'll appreciaste the result so much more....plenty of dyi guys on here and knowledge u can make good use of b4 u start of if u get stuck.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

I would definately say to give it a go yourself.

If you do decide to go through an installer, I'd recommend Audio Image in Balcatta. Their number is 94468544. They are very reasonably priced, Dom and Phil are great blokes and everyone who I have sent there are stoked with the results. There are no cost blowouts and they are mor eup-front than anyone else I've met in the industry.

AudioArt on the otherhand do some amazing installs but will cost you some big bucks, even if you're after something pretty basic. I know of a few people who've suffered some pretty severe cost blowouts (including the guys at Pioneer!).

As for cancellation in the top pic... If the subs were facing straight into each other then there is a pretty good chance it would cancel out. But because they are firing upward and the soundwaves are travelling in a direction where they are very unlikely to bounce back directly into the subs then it would be safe from any cancellation.

Don't be scared to use a bit of fibreglass like has been done in the 2nd pic. You can do some amazing things with a bit of grill cloth and plenty of resin!

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: GLXR 6

WA, Australia

Alberts in morley do a pretty decent job. Great range of Soundstream equipment also, if you're leaning towards them..like me *chuckles* :D

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:51 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BA Futura

WA, Australia

Wow! i haven't even thought about an install as yet but this threads convinced me, DIY when the time comes!

Goodluck with whatever you decide to do. Make sure you get some pics up when your done!!

My first Ford, and i like!!

Pretty standard ........... as yet! BA Futura in Acid Rush.

1st things 1st - Super lows and sweet 19's - it'll happen, just might take a while.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next