Fordmods Logo

BIG SYSTEM NEED HELP!! 

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:20 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

ok u tell me 20grand is not enough. wat is enough. this ford is strictly comp, is 50 enough then. and bout the money i inherided it. getting bout $5500 a week, i got a couple of resorts in germany so yeah, umm so how much do i have to spend, can anybody give us a layout (pics) of custom trays, i dont know wehere to go.

Black XT rolling on 20s, full 6.1 dolby digital surround sound system, with screens, loving the feeling (:

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ok in taht case
4 x 9918z's $20000 arn't sure on Z's pricing
10 kinketics $5000
dual 450 amp alts if they will fit $2000
amps? what ever u cna afford id say at least 2 amps per sub maybee even 4.

speak to DDphil he will guide u in right direction

is this SQ or SPL uses are hard to get decent number in teh cabin

SQ u could get a awward winning car for $20000
SPL u would spend taht on subs alone teh new 99z's will hande 50000wrms per coil.

speak to proyay form here he know what he is talking about all i know is what ive learnt my self and researching to see if its viable for me to make my SPL XR6 sedan

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

thanx bud, where u think i can get all this stuff from, and where do i go to get the custom mad tray,

Black XT rolling on 20s, full 6.1 dolby digital surround sound system, with screens, loving the feeling (:

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

go to www.ddaudio.com.au his addy i so there tell them u wnat some neo 99z and ahve money to burn they also imprt teh liketic battries.

www.soundpressure.com have alot off DD stuff for sale as well as aforum

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

CPTNBA wrote:
thanx bud, where u think i can get all this stuff from, and where do i go to get the custom mad tray,

Any car audio place (try to get one thats well known and have evidence of there workmanship) can easily fabricate up a mental install espescially with that budget..

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

asking how much is enough is kinda like asking how long is a piece of string

i keep telling people who ask for a basic system that "basic" can be $200 for a HU, or $20k on a simple HU/stacker, splits, rear fill, 2 subs and a pair of amps setup

cost is only limited by 2 things..... your bank balance and your imagination

Banned

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Thats it mate and if u want this to happen u need to be realistic.

First work out what u wanna do - whats yu goal....to get a few mentions in magazines..claim a sound off record...then from there u work out the gear or install it would take to get u there...then u have the budget....add a lil extra for those hidden unforseen things..trust me it will happen.

Then u just have to assess the costs are they realistic and do u really wanna spend that amount.

Obviously the hardware and materials is easier to price up....fabrication and the imagination for the install is a bit more thought....but any decent car audio shop thats know for the install work can give u a good baseline figure to get u started.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:57 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA Falcon XR6 Turbo

QLD, Australia

Mate if you want to go nuts get a MTX Jackhammer. No idea about pricing and such. Just find the pimp my ride episode on the net. somthing like a few batteries, few amps, 6 caps, no backseat, steel frame to hold the thing up, weighs 350 pounds.

Its up to you at the end of the day. Systems can cost as much or as little as you like.

Have a good one

_Gianni_

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1984 XE Falcon

VIC, Australia

Your local autobarn sould have pics of sound system setups

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

he's talking $20-50k, and you're talking autobarn?!?!?!?!?!

Banned

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1984 XE Falcon

VIC, Australia

Interceptor wrote:
he's talking $20-50k, and you're talking autobarn?!?!?!?!?!

i meant for setup ideas!
not for crappy audio

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:24 am 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

VIC, Australia

gros20 wrote:
ok in taht case
4 x 9918z's $20000 arn't sure on Z's pricing
10 kinketics $5000
dual 450 amp alts if they will fit $2000
amps? what ever u cna afford id say at least 2 amps per sub maybee even 4.

SQ u could get a awward winning car for $20000
SPL u would spend that on subs alone the new 99z's will handle 50,000wrms per coil.

speak to proyay form here he know what he is talking about all i know is what I’ve learnt my self and researching to see if its viable for me to make my SPL XR6 sedan

Certainly one way to go if your looking SPL the above would be a serious system but I don’t think DD99Z subs should be the first subs someone gets. They take a lot of setting up to get right and unless everything else is maximized then you would get much greater benefit by changing other things first.

To answer your question - DD “Zâ€￾ subs are around $6,000ea

Big Kev wrote:
Thats it mate and if u want this to happen u need to be realistic.

First work out what u wanna do - whats yu goal....to get a few mentions in magazines..claim a sound off record...then from there u work out the gear or install it would take to get u there...then u have the budget....add a lil extra for those hidden unforseen things..trust me it will happen.

Then u just have to assess the costs are they realistic and do u really wanna spend that amount.

Obviously the hardware and materials is easier to price up....fabrication and the imagination for the install is a bit more thought....but any decent car audio shop thats know for the install work can give u a good baseline figure to get u started.

Well said.

What are you trying to achieve. SQ or SPL for competion use or just a nice daily driver with some coll features such as x-box screens.

I have spent over $30,000 on my latest system and there is no screens or x-box or big subs but I had a goal of making the best sounding car in the country once again and raising the bar for everyone else.

For your money I would work with a rough split of $10k product / $10k installation.

$10k worth of product I would further break into
$1k – 1,500 headunit (Clarion HX-D2 or Alpine 9855R or Eclipse 8455 or similar)
$1,500 – 3 way front stage – 8â€￾ midbasses + mid and tweeter
$250 – nice rear fill
$1,500 – 2 x 12â€￾ subs I would get SQL subs like IDMAX 12â€￾ or DLS IR12â€￾ or Alpine Type X 12â€￾ or similar
$1,500 - sub amp
$1,500 – front stage amp either powerful, 2 channel or 4 channel for running semi- active
$1,500 – Power wiring, RCA’s and accessories, distribution blocks etc…
$400 – Optima or equiv boot battery
$1,000 – Sound deadening

That leaves about $1k spare for screens or other stuff you might want to customize it with.

If your more interested in SPL get a cheaper 3 way front stage and cheaper front stage amp and spend the extra $1k on SPL subs and bigger amps and get 15â€￾ subs in a large ported box. Mind you the above system with 2 x good 12â€￾s and heaps of power should play plenty loud enough, unless you intent to compete in SPL comps?

gros20 wrote:
ok id go
2 x 9915subs $5000
3 sets of splits $4000
top of range head unit i like jvc one with smal lcd screen $1500
2 kiketic audio batts $1000
install ????

oh and i ahbe EQ PHD5000w AMP for sale does 4500wrms pm me

If SPL is your thing and you want to play loud then the above system would be great. I would probably get 9515 series rather than 9915 and I think you could get a loud front stage for $2k instead of $4 and then spend the extra $$ on cabling. You would need some serious amps (PHD5000 would certainly be suitable) and quad runs of 0g for that sort of system.

Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:23 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

all i can say is
jl audio 13w7's
the best sounding subs i have ever used

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

19concorde wrote:
Mate if you want to go nuts get a MTX Jackhammer. No idea about pricing and such. Just find the pimp my ride episode on the net. somthing like a few batteries, few amps, 6 caps, no backseat, steel frame to hold the thing up, weighs 350 pounds.

Its up to you at the end of the day. Systems can cost as much or as little as you like.

Have a good one

thats abit over the top tho in a ute i spose its a better option.....these in AUD tho are round the 16 grand mark each...and youd need some serious suspension work done to cope with the weight.

Plus after 16K on just one sub ud need round 2K+ on wiring and circuit breakers f**k fuses with that. - Looking at round decent triple to quad battery setups.....dont need 6 caps like in pimp my ride...just get a rockford fosgate competion 100 farad carbon cap....then amps and so on....and just imagaine the freight and costs to get a 130kg ro 160kg sub into your car.

A jackhammer in myopinion u couldnt drive round town would be strictly for shows.

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

What aaron (pyroay) said above would be a really good intitial setup cause mate trust me and im sure some of the other serios audio members will tell u even with a 30-50K setup you'll have it for a few months go to a few shows even if u win a few awards you'll see other rides or new gear come on the market or even think of a better way to show off your install and suddenly all that money u spent..your wanting to upgrade again :P

Just tell us what your aiming for SQL/SPL .. and either awesome daily listener or full on competition ? then we'll go from there.....otherwise thres too many choices and paths u could go down.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next