code car alarm installation 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: code car alarm installation
Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

hey guys got this code alarm here and no one wants to touch it so im installing it myself, anyone installd one before, its a 7600 with remote start and yes its going in a manual :D hehe anyway anyone done one before and know how to do it?

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo

Power: 303 rwkw

VIC, Australia

JB Hi-Fi do code alarms, maybe they'll install it for you, but they wont put the remote start in the manual so you'll have to do that yourself

EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo 303rwkw

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

wonder if you can hook up a switch so the car beeps at you when its off and you leave it in gear that way remote start wont be a prob or, a switch when it is in gear remote start wont work

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

jb wont do it because the alarm is 2nd hand, damn ppl, and yea i heard there is some kind of clutch override that starts the car, dont ask me how, seems like a shambles, i was thinking i cud just leave the car in neutral but app thats illegal??? what were park brakes made for?

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: FG XR6

VIC, Australia

The prob is your starter motor will crank for 3 seconds or so and can easily over-power the park brake driving the car into traffic or another parked car.
Only takes one "i forgot to leave it in neutral" or someone else driving/parking the car for you and you're screwed.
If there is a neutral position sensor that would be cool but can't see how that would be possible on a manual.

Subtle but high quality audio system.
Alpine processor and amp / Focal Utopia splits / Soundstream Exact sub

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

nah me neither, i mite browse some ricer forums and see what they have done, im sure they have come up with a way. im just dredding taking my browser amongst all the rice out there :S wish me luck :D

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well after a few hours of me ranting and raving and well generally being obnoxious, i have wired most of the looms, you wouldnt happen to know if it runs on the same door unlock cct as smartlock would u, ie red/yellow for unlock and yellow/black for lock? ne way i got a fair ammount done but i still think i could have done more which is what always annoys me, i also got the aerial in, and the siren and the disarm switch and ground, now i just need power and the boot and bonnet switch :D

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: FG XR6

VIC, Australia

the arm/disarm circuitry on mine is kinda tricky.
it connects to the central locking and works out if the door was unlocked manually or from the BEM. dont remember the wire colors, too long ago.

I never got the boot override working. it was meant to be able to sense when the boot was opened by remote and disarm that sector, but it never worked - i have to disarm the alarm before i open the boot.

Subtle but high quality audio system.
Alpine processor and amp / Focal Utopia splits / Soundstream Exact sub

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hmm i see, so in theory it should run the same way as smartlock yea? i know smartlock runs off these wires just wasnt sure, and i know how to do the boot release, dno if it will disarm the boot tho :P hehe ah theres only one way to find out! :D

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

i believe pyroay had remote start in a manual? perhaps he can enlighten us.

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

this is his old alarm :D hehe :P so yes he did have remote start but now i have it :D and he has a freakish alarm, anyway another update the only things left to do are starter motor cable, ignition and power, and of course make the remotes respond, which seems a little tedious :D should be all done by 2moro

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

maximus wrote:
the arm/disarm circuitry on mine is kinda tricky.
it connects to the central locking and works out if the door was unlocked manually or from the BEM. dont remember the wire colors, too long ago.

I never got the boot override working. it was meant to be able to sense when the boot was opened by remote and disarm that sector, but it never worked - i have to disarm the alarm before i open the boot.

My alarm is similar to urs, mine determines wether or not the car has been locked manually or through usuing the remote. manually only locks the car while the remote locks it and turns on the alarm. My boot overide works tho i think, coz i can have my car locked and have the alarm on and still pop the boot on the remote without the alarm going off, i think thatw as how it was fitted in the factory?

Fact: Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and hit himself in the back of the head

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ok new update, i found the auz distributor and well long story short got a manual for free so the rest of the alarm is being connected hassle free :D its actually pretty easy when you know what your doing :D so im out testing and ill report back tomorow :D if im not deaf :D

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:48 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: NF Fairlane V8

VIC, Australia

I've got an alarm with remote start (the fairlane's auto of course) but the alarm has the function of remote starting a manual.
How it works on mine is:

Park car and leave running,
hit remote start which activates the alarm and keeps engine running,
pull keys out of Ign (car stays idling) hop out close doors and hit the arm button, the car then locks itself and shuts off the motor..
It's then ready to be remote started. :D :D

The TORQUE Monster project begins!

Pic's, details and all the yummy stuff:
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22693

"There's no replacement for displacement!"

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:39 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

maximus wrote:
If there is a neutral position sensor that would be cool but can't see how that would be possible on a manual.

Rapier wrote:
wonder if you can hook up a switch so the car beeps at you when its off and you leave it in gear that way remote start wont be a prob or, a switch when it is in gear remote start wont work

The T5's do have a neutral switch, which sits in the gearbox top cover. It tells the ECU when the transmission is in gear or in neutral (obviously :P ). You can wire this switch into the starter relay coil circuit - this is in effect a manual transmission equivalent of the automatic transmission inhibitor switch. Since you'll have two circuits sharing the switch, it's wise to run a diode in each circuit, so they don't override or confuse each other. This way it shouldn't matter if the driver tries or the alarm tries to motor over in gear it disables it always.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next