Digital Time Alignment and EQ's 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Digital Time Alignment and EQ's
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

My system has the DTA function. Is this a gimmick or something useful. Unfortunately the manual tells you nothing about the use of it.
The speakers can be virtually moved up to a meter away in front and behind you. Does this squash or change the sound in any way. What do the purist's think of it?

Also with EQ's. My unit has no Bass or Treble control. Just flat or and EQ.
If I wanted to use the EQ strictly increase the bass as in a bass control like on my old system. Do I use the 100 hz band only?
What do you think, besides keeping it flat?

While your at it, what TWEETER crossover setting is ideal, for the crossover for the front TWEETERS only. The crossover units are sitting in the kick panels. Highest setting, or a few db below?
Thanks.

Last edited by Kit on Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:46 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

DTA is a very handy feature for getting the sound positioning perfect - particularly for one person. But that's the downside.... For example, if you arrange the sound to all be directed at the driver, technically all the other seating areas lose quality and sound reaches their ears at different times whilst only the driver reaps the benefits.

However, if you can make it a preset option, it would be perfect to change it to suit you when you're by yourself, and another setting when there are other people in the car.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

ok, dta is sounds like a marketin strategy , little money, big letters, might be useful if your finding phase problems with the splits.... heheh good luck tho. The eq can be adjusted to give u more bass, freq below 150ish are your bass bands, just remember you are going to introduce more distortion doing that tho, just have a play with it and see how it sounds.

the db setting on the tweeter crossover is for a rolloff from memory, some have variable rolloffs , if theres a 12db setting i think that usually sounds pretty nice, its just how quickly your tweeters will loose signal below their frequency. again have a play n c how it sounds u should end up with somethin nice n balanced :)

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

I ask about the tweeter crossover adjustment because sometimes the S's reproduced from music on a cd can get a little overemphasized, I hate shrilly or exaggerated s'sss. Ahh it's all in the fine tuning I suppose.
Other than that the system does sound good. Very clear.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]