Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: DVD player in BA
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

hey there
I wanna put my indash pioneer dvd player into my BA in the tissue box area like a few people have done. I know how to mount it but not sure about the wiring.. Can I piggyback it so I can use the speakers for both the stock stereo and my dvd player, or do I have to unplug stock stereo and not be able 2 use it and plug it into the dvd player?

Thanks

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:28 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: 03 BA Fairmont

WA, Australia

you can't run an aftermarket headunit using the standard speakers if they are still connected to the stock headunit - you have to cut the wires and totally disconnect from the cars stock system and connect only to the aftermarket system

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

so there is no way around it?

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

what about aftermarket speakers, obviously u could wire them up to aftermarket deck, but has anybody mounted them somewhere other then rear parcel shelf so u can run both stock speakers and aftermarket?

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: MY06 REX

WA, Australia

You could connect the pioneer deck to the aux in of the ICC. My dvd player rca's run that way (near the fuse panel). Decent sound quality too.

The Evil Strawberry

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:09 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

eb_guy888 wrote:
so there is no way around it?

nope, lots of info here
http://www.caraudioaustralia.com/forums ... opic=68978

and here
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=55398

you could always run your own cables and simply disconnect the stock speakers and connect the stock ones to your dvd player - or, fit inline switches to each speaker to isolate them from the ICC but it wouldn't be too practical

i've tried pulling the fuse for the stock headunit and not cutting the wires but all that happens is i blew the fuse in the alpine unit - the speakers are powered from the ICC not the stock headunit so that's why the cables have to be cut

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:13 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

KTASTRPHE wrote:
You could connect the pioneer deck to the aux in of the ICC. My dvd player rca's run that way (near the fuse panel). Decent sound quality too.

that's the only way, unfortunately tho you end up using the ICC still to power the speakers - the stock system isn't as good as aftermarket, the sound is taylored to make the crappy speakers soundd the best possible - you will get much better sound if you disconnect from the ICC - depends what you want really, if you're happy with that then it's all good

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

dddp! wrote:
you can't run an aftermarket headunit using the standard speakers if they are still connected to the stock headunit - you have to cut the wires and totally disconnect from the cars stock system and connect only to the aftermarket system

Erh YES you can! I have a DVD player in my tissue box holder that is connected into the AUX port using a aftermarket kit. The DVD player plays back through the factory speakers when the stock head unit is selected to AUX or outputs to the roof mounted screen at anytime, the kids then just use infra-red headphones.
I do not have this head unit connected to the aerial as I don't use it as a radio. It can however be connected using a aerial splitter.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:13 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

yep

dddp! wrote:
that's the only way, unfortunately tho you end up using the ICC still to power the speakers - the stock system isn't as good as aftermarket, the sound is taylored to make the crappy speakers soundd the best possible - you will get much better sound if you disconnect from the ICC - depends what you want really, if you're happy with that then it's all good

when i said it's taylored to make the crappy speakers sound good, it's someone elses definition of good, not mine

it's ok if you don't mind that setup - but really if you want the best sound you have to cut the ICC out of the speaker loom

edit, i'm sorry if this came over wrong - we all have diferent situations i guess

asl logistics are the people who fix these units for ford- they have lots of stuff for them
http://www.asllogistics.com/ford_upgrades.html

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:02 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

I've got mine hooked up entirely separate to the factory HU. To the point of running my own speaker wire to all the speakers. I can completely remove the DVD HU, swap the stock wiring back onto the speakers and have the stock HU fully functional.

I moved the speaker connections from the stock speakers onto the new ones I put in. So the old wiring will plug back in. So when I take the car back to stock, the new owner will have some nice speakers.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: MY06 REX

WA, Australia

And... if I end up trading in my BA this week I might have the little box for sale that will let you play dvd through the stock ICC screen... and let you retain the Air con etc visuals.

The Evil Strawberry

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i dont have premium sound so I cannot run dvd through my stock icc screen. So I can connect my dvd indash player to the aux in of the stock system and then I can use both through stock speakers yeh?

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

eb_guy888 wrote:
i dont have premium sound so I cannot run dvd through my stock icc screen. So I can connect my dvd indash player to the aux in of the stock system and then I can use both through stock speakers yeh?

Yes, you can. Though mine was installed by a shop in Frankston, so I'm not aware of where he got the interface cable from.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:47 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

ahhh don't use the stock speakers. They're crappy (understatement).

If you still want to retain the stock HU (it isn't so bad, once speakers are upgraded), invest in some upgraded speakers. Hertz and Boston make some very nice 5x7's that screw right in. Or if you're happy to make up some MDF mounts, any 6" speaker will work.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

ive got the boston 5x7s and they dont sound too bad. If you really want to run it through the stock speakers you could plug the new headunit into the aux input of the existing hu, nopt too sure how it will sound though.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]