Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: DVD/Screen combo - $$??
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:42 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

hey all

was in kilmas car the other night & he had a nice alpine (i think?) DVD/Screen combo - fitted nicely into the stock HU spot, and slid out - just wondering what kinda $$$ they go for, what the better brands are, etc etc

cheers! :)

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

You love filling your plate right up dont ya?? Dont have enough on your car plate already??

But I'm with you I reckon a nice DVD/Screen looks good.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:47 pm 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

yeah - its just something i'm interested in knowing about, perhaps for down the line sometime :?

its not something that will be done anytime too soon pete! lol

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT Series 2

QLD, Australia

$2800 for a top of the line Clarion fitted. Is a real good unit to VRX756VD.

Stage 1 stereo install done. Pics in audio section.
Next step is probably a nice exhaust or stage 2 stereo.

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

For alpine gear

2nd from the top (F1 head unit is pretty over the top) the IVA-D900R is $4299 generally at most places - this is expensive due to the touch screen abilities and 1.15 million pixel 7" LCD wide screen

This unit has taken heaps of awards last year.

IVA-D310E is round the $2999 mark and the base model CVA-1014B at round $1499.

The alpine gear well high end ones are fantastic....The clarion top unit is kool because of the way the motorised cover opens out like a turntable but the picture quality isnt anything to rave about

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:57 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

I spent $400 on my combo.

Check out Ebay.

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:25 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

yer fraser was around the 2.5k mark at alberts this morning and saw em :)

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

some cheap big name brand players on ebay.com,.au. Sharp ones for $300ish, JVC, Alpine and Pioneer for $400 to 700...
The big name brand screens are hell exxy. But if you buy an el cheepo one get one with a Sharp or Panasonic screen it it and they work pretty wicked!

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:46 pm 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

theres some pretty cheap combos on there! i want to keep my existing deck though, as its a nice alpine MP3 deck w/ 3 pre-outs etc - so whats my best way to go (obv have a double-din surround) to get a TV/DVD player & screen in? :?

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:52 pm 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/8-Roof-Mount-Car ... dZViewItem

something like that? :?

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

uglybob wrote:
theres some pretty cheap combos on there! i want to keep my existing deck though, as its a nice alpine MP3 deck w/ 3 pre-outs etc - so whats my best way to go (obv have a double-din surround) to get a TV/DVD player & screen in? :?

does your existing deck have audio input? if not I'd suggest getting rid of it for a DVD compatiable one (find one with three outputs and they all seem to have MP3).Reason is otherwise how you gunna get the sound from the DVD to play through the speakers, it's possiable but more complicated.

If it does have sound input, then best option to go (in my opinion) is a roof mounted screen with built in DVD player and video and audio output, run the video output to an in dash screen below or above your current headunit. and run the audio output to your existing Alpine deck.

If not, just replace the Alpine deck with a decent DVD deck with all the features you want/need/use, get a roof screen and an indash screen.

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

yeah sometimes tho its better paying more for the high end name brand gear cause they really are worth it....having a look at some of the stuff from JVC and clarions top end unit i wouldnt even compare them to anything alpine has above 2K they are so much better...the to alpine unit the 900R is awesome but yeah hefty on the wallet from a normal retailer plus that has all the video/audio in /out puts you'll need

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:04 pm 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
For alpine gear

2nd from the top (F1 head unit is pretty over the top) the IVA-D900R is $4299 generally at most places - this is expensive due to the touch screen abilities and 1.15 million pixel 7" LCD wide screen

The D900 isn't touch screen...it is expensive, but as Big Kev said, you're paying for the 1.15 million pixels - I don't even think it has Bass Engine Pro...just the Bass Engine Plus features (still nice though).

The IVA-D310 is a very popular unit - a lil more upspec from it's IVA-D300 predecessor with detachable trim plate and some better UI tweaks...D310's can be had for ~$1500 depending where you look...there's a few from O/S on ebay and always a couple floating around on CAA.

I love the D310 - the one unit has in-dash DVD/CD-DA/MP3/WMA plus being touch screen is very handy (I was against it at first, but has grown on me with usability...even the actual DVD menus are touch screen ! :wink:)

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo

Power: 303 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Be careful buying from overseas or you'll get stuck like I did.....I bought a DVD player from America, asked the seller if it was region free, they said it was, and when it got here I found out it was region 1 NTSC, so I have heaps of fun converting every DVD I have just to play them.

I went for the Sony because it came up on ebay, but at the moment you can pick up the XAV-77 screen for $1200 brand new from JB Hi Fi which were $2000 back 12 months ago due to Sony's newer range, as well as the matching DVD player for $495, which was $1500 12 months ago also.

A few people have mounted the screen in the lower din which I think looks a bit wrong due to clearance issues of the dash facia, but as dcstraight, neo_nick and I have done and i'm sure a few others is just mount it out a little further...looks OK but you can fabricate something with the stereo surround to compensate for the gap.

Look out on ebay, you'll definately be able to pickup an unwanted christmas present or an unfinished project combo for a good price

EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo 303rwkw

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

dcstraight wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
For alpine gear

The D900 isn't touch screen...it is expensive, but as Big Kev said, you're paying for the 1.15 million pixels - I don't even think it has Bass Engine Pro...just the Bass Engine Plus features (still nice though).

The IVA-D310 is a very popular unit - a lil more upspec from it's IVA-D300 predecessor with detachable trim plate and some better UI tweaks...D310's can be had for ~$1500 depending where you look...there's a few from O/S on ebay and always a couple floating around on CAA.

I love the D310 - the one unit has in-dash DVD/CD-DA/MP3/WMA plus being touch screen is very handy (I was against it at first, but has grown on me with usability...even the actual DVD menus are touch screen ! :wink:)

yeah sorry steves right the IVA-D310 uses pulse touch for the touch screen and yes the D900R only has bass engine plus

Offyaguts that sucked convertin one dvd bites so heaps that would haved sucked huge - buyer beware

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next