Fordmods Logo

Dynamat 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Dynamat
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:01 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 284

Joined: 3rd Mar 2012

Ride: NL Fairlane Ghia V8

Location: Geelong
VIC, Australia

I've bought myself a dynamat door kit, and was wondering about the best way to fit it around speakers.

Do you take the dynamat all the way to the edges of the speaker holes, and screw the speakers in over the top of the dynamat, or do you stop the dynamat a little short of the speakers and screw the speakers straight into the door steel, no dynamat underneath?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamat
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:10 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 688

Joined: 4th Mar 2010

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

Location: central coast
NSW, Australia

I always remove the speaker and cover right to the edge of the hole.

has never caused any issues for me.

 

_________________

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamat
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 1833

Joined: 3rd May 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

BEAR80 wrote:
I always remove the speaker and cover right to the edge of the hole.

has never caused any issues for me.


I pretty much do the same, you do loose a bit of 'power' though for the sake of quality. (less energy being transferred to body) you listen to the speaker itself rather than the sound coming from behind it produced by the car body.

 

_________________

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamat
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:58 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 6275

Joined: 24th Nov 2004

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

low_ryda wrote:
BEAR80 wrote:
I always remove the speaker and cover right to the edge of the hole.

has never caused any issues for me.


I pretty much do the same, you do loose a bit of 'power' though for the sake of quality. (less energy being transferred to body) you listen to the speaker itself rather than the sound coming from behind it produced by the car body.


You don't lose power, the opposite actually. Less speaker energy is wasted vibrating the panel = more sound, that's better in quality too. win/win.

 

_________________

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow - 97.5rwkw
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. 293rwkw - 12.427@109 - 0-1000m 24.838@221

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamat
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:03 pm 
Site Admin
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 8831

Joined: 18th Dec 2002

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Yep, all the way to the hole! Are you going to do both sides of the door ? Cover every inch, everywhere, double if you want. Can never use too much.

:mrgreen:

 

_________________

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamat
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:32 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 284

Joined: 3rd Mar 2012

Ride: NL Fairlane Ghia V8

Location: Geelong
VIC, Australia

Waggin wrote:
Yep, all the way to the hole! Are you going to do both sides of the door ? Cover every inch, everywhere, double if you want. Can never use too much.

:mrgreen:

I don't know yet, i'll have to see when i take the door trim off. I'd imagine its not easy doing the outer skin?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamat
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 1833

Joined: 3rd May 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

data_mine wrote:
You don't lose power, the opposite actually. Less speaker energy is wasted vibrating the panel = more sound, that's better in quality too. win/win.


That's why I used the ''s it just sounds different, you explained it better 8-)

 

_________________

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:00 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names