Fordmods Logo

Ea Sound System 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Ea Sound System
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EA fairmont, 4.0litre el xr6 eng

VIC, Australia

Hey i just recently got some speakers ect for my ea right i got 2 kicker subs 12" 2 460 watt pioneer 6x9ns 2 6 " and 4" splits now my question is my fairmont has 4inch speakers at the door would i be able to easily fit the 6" at the doors and another question would i need to amplify the speakers aswell?
thanxx in advance

I live my life qtr mile at a time :P

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

VIC, Australia

1. my fairmont has 4inch speakers at the door would i be able to easily fit the 6" at the doors?

Answer: No, they are too big to fit in the original factory holes. You can substitue for this 2 ways, Either get yourself some Audio pocket things (they have larger speaker holes) that take the place of the door pockets that are screwed to the door in all of the fairmonts. OR cut holes and mount them just above where the passanger lays his right arm on the arm rest, if you measure correctly they will JUST fit here. (i have my 6" splits here)

2. would i need to amplify the speakers aswell?

Answer: No you dont HAVE to amplify your speakers, you can just run them off your head unit and be done with it, Or if your speakers are pretty decent and you want to get the most out of them, best to buy another amp, maybe a 4 channel so you can run all 4 speakers off it..... choice is up to you, IMO as long as you have a okish Head unit (50x40) id just run them this way rather than stuffing around with amplifying them

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]