Fordmods Logo

EF EL Mid and Premium stacker plug connections 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: EF EL Mid and Premium stacker plug connections
Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Hi, does anyone know if the Premium head units in both EF and EL had the same stacker plug - rectangular? I know that the EF mid level stereo had the round plug, but just wondering if the EF premium deck had round or rectangular?

I saw on the technical doco on adding the auxillary port that the CD Stacker end was round on all EFs, but it didnt mention if it was round at the Head unit end as well.

thanks

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

the plug at the heads units is round, depending on which model stacker you got there is either a round or square plug at the stacker end. But all the stacker plugs at the head unit are round!!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Thanks Happy - on this technical document:
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=22
is plug 4 in fact the stacker plug, not the amp plug? It mentions in the description below the photo that the plug 4 is amp and plug 5 stacker. Is it the reverse?

thanks

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

you should have a small round to square adaptor ... sorry if I wasn't clear. I'll take a couple of pics and post em up to you when I get a few minutes at home this arvo!

FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

ahh I think I get the drift... I was wondering if it'd be an adaptor job, sounds like it is! Stacker end or head unit end?

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i got an aftermarket alpine stacker and it has the round pin plug (dont know how many pins) anyways but the el's have the retangle or sqaure connector, so what i done is made a adapter to change connectors. this is a nice and professional way and is sweet, cos when i change head unit to an aftermarket one i will take adapter off and run it in its original round pin plug.

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

cool... are you doing the aux port mod? I did on mine - plug iRiver straight in, awesome!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]