Fordmods Logo

EF factory car alarm problems 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: EF factory car alarm problems
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Hi,

I had a Ford alarm system installed on my 1995 EF series 1 at purchase, and although it has been a great alarm, I am now having issues with it, which I hope someone on this forum can help me with.

The alarm now seems to randomly go off, and when I turn on the ignition to see what caused the alarm, I see 8 flashes of the indicators. I have searched for my alarm manual to see what the 8 flashes represents, but I can't find my manual anywhere.

Does someone have their manual handy, and can reply with what the 8 flashes represents? I am thinking that if I know what is triggering the alarm, I may be able to fix that part and get the alarm working properly again.

Alternatively, does someone know of anywhere that is currently still selling these alarm kits that I could purchase?

Thank you very much in advance,

Steve.

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:50 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

8 flashes means the battery is rooted. This wouldn't be the cause of the alarm going off.

There must be something else triggering it... When my factory alarm was going off randomly, it was due to some water seeping into the control box. My control box was in the base of the drivers A pillar, and somehow water would get in there and ultimately into the control box.

Would be worth a check out.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]