Fordmods Logo

EL Falcon Subwoofer 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: EL Falcon Subwoofer
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon EL

VIC, Australia

im trying to add a Kicker Impulse 12" subwoofer to my falcon and was wondering what type of amplifier i would need?

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL

SA, Australia

mclej03 wrote:
im trying to add a Kicker Impulse 12" subwoofer to my falcon and was wondering what type of amplifier i would need?
Simple.
Find out the Subwoofer's rated power and get yourself either a 2 channel or a monoblock amp. Preferably a monoblock. eg. If your sub is rated at 400W rms, try and use an amp which outputs similar power. It is better to overpower the sub rather than underpower it as you are more likely to cause damage with underpowering. In this case, a 400W rms amp is ideal. 500W amp would be perfect. I am powering my 250W rms JL Audio 12" sub with a 500W JL monoblock amp and it loves it. However i am reluctant to push it too much as it is obviously much more powerfult. But then again, JL seem to underate their subs also.

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:55 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Hazzard wrote:
mclej03 wrote:
Simple.
Find out the Subwoofer's rated power and get yourself either a 2 channel or a monoblock amp. Preferably a monoblock. eg. If your sub is rated at 400W rms, try and use an amp which outputs similar power. It is better to overpower the sub rather than underpower it as you are more likely to cause damage with underpowering. In this case, a 400W rms amp is ideal. 500W amp would be perfect. I am powering my 250W rms JL Audio 12" sub with a 500W JL monoblock amp and it loves it. However i am reluctant to push it too much as it is obviously much more powerfult. But then again, JL seem to underate their subs also.

Well at least you have an option to upgrade later on without buying a new amp. You can just turn the gain down on your amp so that you don't risk burning the sub out.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]