EL ghia CD stacker 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: EL ghia CD stacker
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1997 EL Ford Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

Hi guys,

I have an EL fairmont ghia with the premium sound system and the cd stacker doesnt work. When i press the cd button on the head unit i get ERR 1. I figure the problem is because the CD magazine appears to be stuck in the actual stacker.

I have had a really good look at the unit (unscrewed the bottom of it to have a look inside) and found that everything was in order. There were no jammed discs or anything. I have also had a car audio place have a brief look at it and they said there was no power going to it. All the fuses are good BTW. When i press the eject button on the stacker it will flash once and nothing will happen so im guessing there is some power getting there.

Does anyone know what the ERR 1 code means? has anyone had this problem with these cd stackers?

I have looked everywhere on the net and other forums but there is little information.

Thanks,

Louie

Post subject: Re: EL ghia CD stacker
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: NL Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Hi! Good question & well asked. I'm guessing I have the same sound system in my NL Fairlane had I'm having issues with my cd stacker too...
I had the ERR1 come up on the head unit and found that came up when the magazine wasn't inserted properly...
But... now I can't even get the magazine to stay in! I have pulled the unit apart and nothing seems broken inside.. If I push & hold the magazine in and press the eject button it clicks in and then after a few seconds it pops out... So we're both in a bit of a pickle... We must both have the original 1998 systems :roll:
Try pulling out the power plug on the left hand side of the stacker for a few seconds or minute or so and plug it back in and see if that helps?

I look forward to your response :!: I don't really want to go out and buy a whole new system!!

'98 NL Fairlane Ghia 5.0l

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB Falcon

I have an original stacker for sale out of my ef fairmont ghia.

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: turbo ed, xr6 turbo

QLD, Australia

a lot of factory cd stackers at work didn't like copied discs for some reason. Try original dics in ur stacker and see if u have the same problem

If u can't fix it with a hammer, it's an electrical problem

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]